Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stop Credit Card Payment To Paypal ?

• 29-11-2005 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭

Hi

Goods i ordered from the u.k have still not arrived, i know the post has been crap but just preparing myself for worst case scenario

I paid for the goods outside of e-bay, i made the payment to the seller direct via paypal.com .

The seller has been helpful but has today said he is not responsible for loss in post etc even though it states on their website that if you spend 50GBP or over ,they will send the goods fully insured . He did not do this for me, he has given me no tracking number and to be honest i think they just stuck them in the regular postal service even though i spent 50 sterling with him

Is the best way to claim the money back (76 euro ,once converted ) by asking my credit card company to cancel the payment ,that i am disputing it .
    Or do i have to stick via paypal who will charge me 25 euro for processing the claim
    If i duspute it with my credit card company...what will they just knock the charge from my monthly statement or how will it progress
    What happens if the goods do then turn up ? Its all i need ...its part of my sons xmas presents and looks like i am going to be let down
    any help ,tips or advice greatly appreciated
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭trance2004

How long are you waiting?
    Contact your cc company and tell them that you haven't received the goods.
    The seller should make sure that you have a tracking number (especially if you have paid for that service). If the goods will turn up at the end, worry about that later-now focus on trying getting your money back. If you're waiting very long time, there might be a chance that the goods has never been sent to you (no proof, no tracking number!?!).

trance

it happened to me once on ebay.co.uk.
    Paid by paypal,never received the goods.Contacted the cc company,filled the form they've sent me and got the money back :D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

fwiw - I recently made 2 claims through PayPal and only towards the end did I relasie there was a "processing charge" but as it turned out I got full refunds and I doubt that this was due to an error on their side.

Regarding chargebacks - this can be slow. You have to write to your card company (they will give you the full details and don't hesitate to ring them) and give them the details etc etc.

If you paid via PayPal I'd be tempted to go their route - just be aware that you don't get to add loads of info or additional points in your requests. You get automated emails and automated requests and there isnt scope for you to add things like "he is a scammer because...". On my most recent chargeback I had to send the fake item back to the seller using a tracked methods (out of pocket) . I could see it was rejected but there was no way to tell Papyal this. So I ended up amending an email that I had ot that had required a reply and sticing my info in there. Signs on they refunded very very soon after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Scenic911

Best to use paypal and ebay to find a resolution to your problem. I did that twice and both were successful. It also black list the seller if the compliant is serious enough.

Scenic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Hi all

Thanks for the advice ,the problem i think i face is that,even though i spotted the goods i wanted on e-bay ,as there were multiple items, i mailed the seller,he gave me a total price, and i paid direct via paypal
    So i cant go to ebay for help , the seller was helpful for the first few weeks,now it seems they have washed their hands of it .
    Its part of my sons xmas present (i need to get them elsewhere in a hurry if they dont turn up ) .

Will it just hit my credit card company to get the money back ? I am in no immediate rush to receive the money back,its the principle of the matter .
    I just want to ensure i am not ripped off ,and then hopefully find the toys somewhere else for my son
    AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH ...hassle i could have done without .
    Only signed up to e-bay and paypal in the past month or so , beginning to think it was a waste of time

Fingers crossed for a good resolution

thanks again

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

You can still use Paypal to dispute the payment using their Buyer Complaint Process

• Advertisement

If i go via the paypal resolution option ..do they charge a processing fee ?
    If i go direct via my credit card company ..AIB (wish me luck..nightmare to deal with ) ...will i get a full refund

The seller of the goods has told me he has posted me ,no recorded record of posting them ,i know the postal service is bad but just will not accept getting ripped off even if the seller has a very good rating on feedback

they were helpful for the first week or so ,now they answer me less infrequently

Before i dispute payment,should i tell the seller i am going to make a credit card reclaim or just go ahead with it

Just go ahead with it. You dont have to tell him anything.

Hi

I sent off one final mail today (so far i have sent 10 since the good were ordered ) , requesting they supply me with a tracking number or proof of postage so i can try and locate it in the irish postal system .I said said that without a reply overnight i would be lodging a claim with my credit card company and paypal .
    I await to see his reply, he has very good rating on e-bay from hundreds of buyers, but i bought outside of e-bay .
    Only time will tell...if he does send proof of postage ,some manager in an post is going to get some lashing from me , i work in the shipping /freight industry and if it took me over 3 weeks to arrange delivery to a customer, they very soon would become ex customers .
    Now i am faced with the most important xmas presents for my son being missing .A very disapointed child on my hands but i will do my best to get replacements for him .
    cheers again for the tips and advice ,my head is melted

Hi
    I e-mailed the seller last night again ..advising going to stop credit card payment and also log a query with paypal
    got an overnight response with ...finally ..tracking number, company used
    rang them up , collected the goods, depot was 10 minutes drives from where i work
    problem solved !! xmas is saved for my son !!

thanks to all

:D Good to hear that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement