Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Phone with long-life battery?

• 29-11-2005 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

What would be a good phone with fairly good features that has a long life battery?
    I have a Nokia 3220 and it lasts less than a day.
    I use it alot though. Very high text rate.

What would be the best I could hope to get? Two days or so?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

How long is a piece of string? (or whatever the saying is) :)
    What features are you looking for? (Ex. wifi and bluetooth will obviously kill a battery quicker..)
    Just look at the TalkTime and StandBy times on phone spec's TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

6310i if you can get hold of one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I had a 3100 and it lasted as long as my 6310i did. Prefered the old 6310i though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

My Motorola V550 goes for about 4 days without a recharge under normal use...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

nokia 6230i is pretty good about 5 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Blackberrys have easily the longest battery life I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Battery life varies really with use, and will decline with age as well.

If you are mostly just texting you should get more than a few days out of any Nokia to be honest.

The 1100 or 1101 are supposedly quite good on battery life as well, but are a bit more basic than the 3220.

Colour screens and other bells and whistles use more battery power, as do screen savers and what have you. There should be a power saving mode as well in your settings somewhere which might help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭leche solara

The best battery life I've seen is on a Sagem phone.
    The MyV56 or MyV55 both have a very good camera for a 0.3mp - far better than a Nokia, and battery life is about 11 days if you always recharge it from empty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Motorola V3 has a great battery life probably due to no video camera and the Sony Ericsson K750i also has a great battery life. these depend on the level of usage with calls and photos etc.

Advertisement