Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

How long did you wait for a unlock code off Voda?

• 29-11-2005 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

Ok Its been month since i rang for my unlock code off Vodafone.
    First time i rang the Rep told me i should have it in 10 days maximum.2 weeks later i rang again and asked where it was and asked to give an alternative number.She told me i should have it in 3-4 days.The Rep was very reluctant to take an alternative and put me on hold to check,she then hung up on me,and i got no call back.So i rung up again and gave another Rep my alternative and he said that was fine.After another week i rung again to ask where it was and the Rep told me another week and to be honest he really didnt sound like he knew what he was doing,also checked if there was an alternative number and he said there was.
    Anyway last week i rung again and they told me it was still not there and i the girl said id defintly have it by Wed last week i asked twice and she re-assured me that id have it by Wed.
    Anyway last Friday i rang again.At this stage i thought it was a joke and i find there Customer Service appauling.The girl told me it was in but in the end it was my Imei number the gave me.She was really appologetic to me and was very nice about it.I havent rang again about it as im raging about this.
    The last Rep told me that there was a delay in the manufacture about getting the code.
    I shouldnt have to keep calling as its going over the month mark now.Each time i rang i gave my alternative number just to be sure that i wont miss a call because they have to ring you and have to follow you right through it.Im realy finding this a joke at this stage.My friend has rang up about getting his unlocked aswell last week and their ringing him tommorow.So if they do ring him their just p*ssing me about.

Has anyone else had bad experiences about going for your unlock code?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Hey Barrie,

I presume you are talking about a 6630 here?

I rang up for my code they told me it would take up to 10 days to get it
    I rang back in 5 days and they had it for me then, and they mailed it to me straight away.
    I got it then by post twice in the next week

I am on bill and maybe that makes a difference?
    If you have not used the required amount of credit on the number the fone was registered to maybe they are recluctant to give the code out?

And i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to ring you:rolleyes:
    in my expierence they dont ring back

My advice would be to ring back again, explain the suitation to the rep and ask to speak to a team leader.
    they will know a lot more and will be able to help you
    (again from expierence)

Mik

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭GenericName

I rang up, asked for the code and he gave it to me immediately. My phone is a Sharp GX30. I'm on bill pay and the phone was over a year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Well theres about over 1000€ topped up on the sim card that i gave them so i defintly think i qualify for my unlock code.If they do ring im going to tell them that i will be moving networks because of their basicly crappy customer service.At the end of the day why should i keep ringing up and asking them about my code and wasting my credit.If they were any way intrested in getting the code to me they would of ringing me and telling me about the delay but they didnt.

Yep the 6630

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Kinda O/T but €1000 is rather a lot to be spending!
    You should consider Meteor PAYG or bill pay.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Barrie wrote:
    Well theres about over 1000€ topped up on the sim card that i gave them so i defintly think i qualify for my unlock code.

I understand this but it may not be the sim card that the phone was registered with.
    So I could be with voda for say 3 yrs, buy a payg 6630 with a new sim and ask for a unlocking code with my old no.
    Kinda defeats the purpouse of setting a limit of credit being used with a payg fone before giving out the unlocking code.

See my point??

Mik

• Advertisement

No i still use the sim number i gave.Its an old simcard maybe 4 years old.I use it with every phone i buy and always buy the upgrade pack if i buy from vodafone so the sim is always being used by me.Its just i gave another number aswell as a alternative because if i didnt have that mobile with me.If you get what im saying.The fact is that i have qualified for my unlock code I have spent way over the minimum required credit so that isnt the problem.

Pythia wrote:
    Kinda O/T but €1000 is rather a lot to be spending!
    You should consider Meteor PAYG or bill pay.

Yeh i have a Meteor sim now i was young and foolish then and Meteor wasnt the best at that stage but now their great.Its not really much if you think of it.As i have been using it over 4 years so its really only 250€ credit a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Barrie wrote:
    Yeh i have a Meteor sim now i was young and foolish then and Meteor wasnt the best at that stage but now their great.Its not really much if you think of it.As i have been using it over 4 years so its really only 250€ credit a year.

Sorry, I thought you meant €1,000 since you bought the 6630!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

i'd try emailing them i did and had it in about 4 days i think... it was for a motorola v980

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

vodafone are a bunch of lying cnuts. some of the lies i've heard:

the system for getting unlock codes is down for the night (rang up five mins later and got it no hassle)

they have to send away for the code and it would take a week. a week later they said they couldn't get the code. it was a 6230!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had it unlocked in 20 secs. apparently trycktill.com knows more about phones than vodafone ireland.

they have to send away for the code for a sagem myv-55 and it would take a week. i got mine unlocked on the spot about a year ago.

not to do with unlocking but they said that the 3g content on the 3 network is free but you have to pay data transfer charges. a blatant lie

• Advertisement

Anyway still waiting for the my unlock code.I rang last friday(2nd Dec) and he AGAIN gave me my imei number.After i told him that was my imei number he told me hed ring me back in a week.He fobbed me off with excuses saying that a digit on my number was misread,But if it was the case wouldn't my details from my number show?As he greeted me with my surname?Anyway each Csr is contradicting one another with various excuses.
    My friend rang two and a half weeks ago and he had his last early this week.
    To be quite honest im wating since the 27th of October so what should i do?Should i just ask for a Team leader when i ring again.Because i feel im talking to the wall.

all you can really do is keep asking them. ask for a superior and if that person tells you it'll take a week, ask for their superior. and so on until they stop lying to you

Yeh i'd best off doing that.They all tell me different stories.Its unbelieveable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I rang last Thursday week for the unlock code for a 6630. They said it would be 5 working days and they would email it to me. Still haven't heard from them (7 working days later).Their customer care was always brutal and its one of the reasons I moved to Meteor.

If you will be waiting as long as me dont bank on it anytime soon,maybe in january:(

I rang today and for the fourth time they gave me my imei number,whats the facination with that?At this stage when they call out the first 3 digits I told them that's my Imei number:mad:

Hopefully the Girl said tommorow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

vodafone are a bunch of lying cnuts. some of the lies i've heard:

the system for getting unlock codes is down for the night (rang up five mins later and got it no hassle)

they have to send away for the code and it would take a week. a week later they said they couldn't get the code. it was a 6230!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had it unlocked in 20 secs. apparently trycktill.com knows more about phones than vodafone ireland.

they have to send away for the code for a sagem myv-55 and it would take a week. i got mine unlocked on the spot about a year ago.

not to do with unlocking but they said that the 3g content on the 3 network is free but you have to pay data transfer charges. a blatant lie

3 Have refused to give me my unlock code for my 6680 even though i have spent Eur 500 with them !!!! I got Motorola E770V a few weeks ago on a Saturday and on the Monday I had unlock code !!!!!

By the way the Motorola E770V unlock code was from Vodafone im so happy im back with them after the ****e from 3!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Com reg states that they have to give you the unclock code within 24 hours. Next tme your talking to them askthem about that

starn wrote:
    Com reg states that they have to give you the unclock code within 24 hours. Next tme your talking to them askthem about that
    Was looking at comreg website and couldnt find anything stating that. Can u show me where it says it because I want to ring vodafone to complain if I dont get my code soon?

Yeah Id be interested in that two if it really is the law!!! I can then get 3 to give me mine!!!!

• Advertisement

Rang them back today and they eventually had the code. What a quality customer care they provide... customer don't care more like it.

I am not sure of the exact peice of legislation. I work in the bussiness and this is something I regularly come accross. I always suggest to my clients that the call Vf, and theaten to call COMREG. VF almost always provide the code within 24 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭marky4

listen u know the way vodafone send the imei to nokia, it usually takes 5-10 working days for them to get the unlock code back, maybe vodafone just havent received the unlock code back off nokia and dont want to give nokia a bad name so just say ring back next week, i got it after 2 weeks, with the 6680, so that could be the problem barry

If Vodafone were providing a quality customer service, which they should for the size of them and the prices they charge, they would have the decency to inform the customer what the code is when they receive it.

marky4 wrote:
    listen u know the way vodafone send the imei to nokia, it usually takes 5-10 working days for them to get the unlock code back, maybe vodafone just havent received the unlock code back off nokia and dont want to give nokia a bad name so just say ring back next week, i got it after 2 weeks, with the 6680, so that could be the problem barry

Thats a load of rubbish. It may be true for some obsure handset like a sagem or a handset. But with all nokia handsets, the fufilment agent is sent a big spreadsheet with all the Imei numbers and unlock code. They can refuse to give the code if you have not paid the subsedy on the phone but otherwise they must provide it within 24 hours or provide you with a resonable reason as to why they cant provide ie computer system down, susbedy not paid etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Barrie PM me and I will get it for ya in 24 Hours I did for Unkelrosco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

marky4 wrote:

Marky I can get it in minutes as they have a database with all the unlock codes.

Every once in a while I get a mate an unlocking code....

There is no ordering from Nokia, it is a PC in Voda HQ called the NAC PC, they go over login enter the IMEI and Bam Code.

Simple as that.

woody wrote:
    Marky I can get it in minutes as they have a database with all the unlock codes.

Every once in a while I get a mate an unlocking code....

There is no ordering from Nokia, it is a PC in Voda HQ called the NAC PC, they go over login enter the IMEI and Bam Code.

Simple as that.

i fooking knew it. thanks for that. ill feel much better about being rude to people who tell me they have to send off for the code now

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Dellas wrote:
    By the way the Motorola E770V unlock code was from Vodafone im so happy im back with them after the ****e from 3!!!!

Hmm. Thats my plan as well. I bought a 770v for herself with the plan to get it unlocked but the boyos in VF don't have the IMEI in their database so I can't even register the damn thing let alone get a code. This has been trundling on since Friday last...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tikis

Can someone tell me more about these unlocking codes? So if i have a phone from vodafone, i can get an unlocking code from vodafone for free?

Advertisement