Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

How long did you wait for a unlock code off Voda?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Tikis wrote:
    Can someone tell me more about these unlocking codes? So if i have a phone from vodafone, i can get an unlocking code from vodafone for free?

officially yes, once you've spent 127 euro i think. around that anyway. but vodafone try to mess you about so they don't have to give it to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

woody wrote:
    There is no ordering from Nokia, it is a PC in Voda HQ called the NAC PC, they go over login enter the IMEI and Bam Code.
    They also told me they have to get it from Vodafone. They are probably hoping that in the meantime you will give up on changing networks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

woody wrote:
    Marky I can get it in minutes as they have a database with all the unlock codes.

Every once in a while I get a mate an unlocking code....

There is no ordering from Nokia, it is a PC in Voda HQ called the NAC PC, they go over login enter the IMEI and Bam Code.

Simple as that.

Thanks Woody but code came today.But thanks for offering if i knew earlier It would of been great.:)

It took exactly 7 weeks to send me my unlock code.I was given my imei number 5 times in 5 weeks and told that was my unlock code.Nobody wrote a note saying "invalid unlock code".Each Csr gave me a bulls*it excuse which contradicted the previous Rep.And also they promised me 8 times to ring me if there was a delay and problem and not one reply I got.They couldn't of been bothered to show any intrest in my problem and they showed that by not ringing me once in seven weeks or even a msg to state that."We'll defintly have it by tommorow"thats what I got on every call I made and "We'll defintly ring you in a week""No its not here yet".and also one Rep hung up on me(Was not abusive or disrespectful) and had to ring again and be put on hold for 10 mins and about 4 reps only applogized for the wait/delay out of the 12 i rang!.Great customer care my ass:mad:

I may as well been talking to a brick wall than their crap customer service.

marky4 wrote:
    listen u know the way vodafone send the imei to nokia, it usually takes 5-10 working days for them to get the unlock code back, maybe vodafone just havent received the unlock code back off nokia and dont want to give nokia a bad name so just say ring back next week, i got it after 2 weeks, with the 6680, so that could be the problem barry

I told you they didnt!And it usually takes 5-10 days but not 7 weeks.You had yours in 2 weeks and you ordered 2 weeks after mine and got it 2 weeks ago so obviously it was a fault on their behalf and not Nokia.And according to Woody they dont go through nokia.So why did it take them 7 weeks to give me a code from the Hq?
    I think ill email them on this now asking why did it take so long and why wasnt I contacted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Kabuto

woodie, you wouldn't be able to help on getting an unlock code for a vodafone SE S700i would you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭wanwarlock

Kabuto wrote:
    woodie, you wouldn't be able to help on getting an unlock code for a vodafone SE S700i would you?

how about my SE k750i while you're at it?? :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Lads I only help people out that I know and I can't do this everyday.

So before you ask again NO.

I did it for a few posters here that have been here a while but outside them and the more established people go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Barrie wrote:
    I told you they didnt!And it usually takes 5-10 days but not 7 weeks.You had yours in 2 weeks and you ordered 2 weeks after mine and got it 2 weeks ago so obviously it was a fault on their behalf and not Nokia.And according to Woody they dont go through nokia.So why did it take them 7 weeks to give me a code from the Hq?
    I think ill email them on this now asking why did it take so long and why wasnt I contacted.

It is obviously barrie that incompetence is rife and laziness.

Again as I said a CSR could put you on hold for a minute or two and then come back with the Code as long as you spend the €129 you met the criteria, stick with O2 like me as they are a better service as is Meteor :)

My number had well over the 1000€ mark so that wasn't a problem.They were just lazy and couldn't care less.Im with meteor a year and found their customer service great.I had to ring up 02 for my brother before and the 2 reps I talked to were polite and sorted my problem straight away.

Thanks Woodie for offering:) If i known earlier that they could be unlocked without going through crappy Vf that would of being excellent!Cheers for that anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

i asked on a friday for the unlock code for a nokia 6630 and i recieved it by text 3 days later on the monday,am on bill pay but was amazed how quick it was,just dont like the question "why do you want to unlock the phone?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i asked on a friday for the unlock code for a nokia 6630 and i recieved it by text 3 days later on the monday,am on bill pay but was amazed how quick it was,just dont like the question "why do you want to unlock the phone?"

if the wanted to they could give it to you in 30 seconds

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

The missus was on to Vodafone tonight regarding the inability to register her bonus pack and they said it was all done and dusted yesterday (took a week! but they gave a tenner for the trouble). I asked her to get the unlock code for her phone - an e770 - and she was given it straight away. The agent did mention that sometimes there were delays etc etc etc but to be honest I can't see why there should be - surely they just get them along with the IMEI etc ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tikis

I called vadafone for unlocking code for e770v and after 2min they called back and sayed the code :D

Advertisement