Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions Wanted

• 29-11-2005 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So heres the deal. I don't know what it is about me but i whenever i get any sort of attention from a guy i get all stupid and come on really strong. Like i can't help myself texting them etc.

Went out on Friday night and met this really nice guy (friend of a friend)..There was chemistry but due to the circumstances nothing happened between us.

He took my number and text me straight away saying someting stupid and that he wanted to meet up again. Then he text me again when i got home to make sure i was ok and to say that he'd had a really good night etc .

I didn't write back because i had no credit. Got credit on Sunday and i text him and he said to come in and see him in work. So i did, not for long though because i only had a 20min lunch from work.

Didnt hear from him again so i thought i'd text him again and he text me then again for the whole night.

I haven't talked to him since as im trying not to come on to strong and scare him away but i really have no idea what to do.

Should i wait for him to text me or just wait a few days and text him?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

You should wait for him to text you. You've shown him you're interested, why are you doing all the chasing?, if he hasn't realised you're into him yet he's obviously not the brightest star in the sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

If you like this guy it might be a good idea to actually ask him out, or at least arrange to meet or something ... texting back and forth forever isn't the best way to get a relationship rolling .. nothing beats meeting in person as a way to get to know someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Call him. Don't text, phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

tetxing is a great inventenion but terrible when it comes to relationships. People read too much into everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

So you haven't spoken to him since Sunday night? And you posted this on Tuesday night...

It does seem like he was insanely keen (I'm actually scared of him at this stage!) initially, and now he's possibly "playing it cool". So I understand your brain being highly confused :)

I'd wait until Thursday. If you haven't heard from him, ring him.

I know how meeting someone new can take over your entire brain sometimes, but be aware this guy could actually be a freak, so try not to give him too much credit just yet!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Personally, Ive no time for that "playing it kool" thing to be honest.

I think the best thing to do is something forward and honest but not messed up, like "hey had a great night, you seem pretty cool, id like to have a drink some time if youre into it, if not no worries" ..

You would "sticking your neck out" to some degree but I think its worth it.

Ill be honest with you and say that I reckon guys are more guilty of being overly keen than girls, and if a guy doesnt reply to a message which shows interest within a day or two, I doubt hes much interested. There are exceptions though.

Whatever you do, Im interested to know what happens with this so let us know how it goes for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Look he is most definately keen, you are keen... there is no problem in showing this.

Go with what you want...send him the text now. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

So heres the deal. I don't know what it is about me but i whenever i get any sort of attention from a guy i get all stupid and come on really strong. Like i can't help myself texting them etc.

Went out on Friday night and met this really nice guy (friend of a friend)..There was chemistry but due to the circumstances nothing happened between us.

He took my number and text me straight away saying someting stupid and that he wanted to meet up again. Then he text me again when i got home to make sure i was ok and to say that he'd had a really good night etc .

I didn't write back because i had no credit. Got credit on Sunday and i text him and he said to come in and see him in work. So i did, not for long though because i only had a 20min lunch from work.

Didnt hear from him again so i thought i'd text him again and he text me then again for the whole night.

I haven't talked to him since as im trying not to come on to strong and scare him away but i really have no idea what to do.

jesus.
    phone him and arrange to meet up for a date or something.

or you could just go to the cinema and text each other the whole time....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

dublindude wrote:
    It does seem like he was insanely keen (I'm actually scared of him at this stage!) initially, and now he's possibly "playing it cool". So I understand your brain being highly confused :)

possilby listen to stupid advice on the PI forum of boards.ie that you shouldnt act keen....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭malico

Smacks about with the hammer of "What ever happened to people CALLING!!" Text is ok, calls are MUCH better!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

malico wrote:
    Smacks about with the hammer of "What ever happened to people CALLING!!" Text is ok, calls are MUCH better!!
    I totally agree. Texts can get you into all sorts of bother if they're taken the wrong way. At least when you hear the persons voice you won't have to worry about how the other person percieves what you've said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bláth

Texting is such a bad invention and has got me into such bother!! Yes I'm bitter and want to sue the mobile phone industry for not inventing phones with built in breathalysers (can't spell!!)

Call him. Thing about texts is that you're left looking at them and over analysing them. At least with hearing his voice you can detect interest!

You have nothing to lose! If he's not interested at least with a call you will save a lot of bother by picking up on that - PROTECTION IS KEY!

I know there is a buzz with texting that you can sort of get addicted to - will he/won't he - and waiting for that wonderous joy of "1 new message"!!

Be brave, call. And screw the don't show any interest - do you really want to be with a guy who needs you to not be crazy about him for him to have interest?? Please!

Best of Luck - hope you get a date ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jenny1975

Bl&#225 wrote: »
    Texting is such a bad invention and has got me into such bother!! Yes I'm bitter and want to sue the mobile phone industry for not inventing phones with built in breathalysers (can't spell!!)

Call him. Thing about texts is that you're left looking at them and over analysing them. At least with hearing his voice you can detect interest!

You have nothing to lose! If he's not interested at least with a call you will save a lot of bother by picking up on that - PROTECTION IS KEY!

I know there is a buzz with texting that you can sort of get addicted to - will he/won't he - and waiting for that wonderous joy of "1 new message"!!

Be brave, call. And screw the don't show any interest - do you really want to be with a guy who needs you to not be crazy about him for him to have interest?? Please!

Best of Luck - hope you get a date ;)

Totally agree with the above. Avoid texting at all costs! Recently went out with a guy I met in a nightclub years ago. Ended up getting hammered every weekend and texting him at all hours. Really annoyed him and we don't speak anymore. Think I drove him away by being so full on.

Just talk to the guy you are after. And bin your phone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bláth

Jenny1975 wrote:
    Totally agree with the above. Avoid texting at all costs! Recently went out with a guy I met in a nightclub years ago. Ended up getting hammered every weekend and texting him at all hours. Really annoyed him and we don't speak anymore. Think I drove him away by being so full on.

Just talk to the guy you are after. And bin your phone!

You may have drove him away but in fairness you cannot blame yourself! Handy excuse for a guy. Cushy excuse out to throw it all back on the texter. There's a difference b/w being freaky full on and well just plain old drunk full on. I also think the drunken texts tend to stem from insecurities! He should let you know that he's interested. You prob didn't drive him away - he just took the handy excuse - why didn't he just talk with you and settle your head a bit! He was obviously a tad weak - his loss Jenny!

But seriously drunken texts are a no NO!! I've relapsed once in the last 10 months!!:eek: Getting there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well heres the latest, he text me again and we met up. We kissed. Then we both got seperate taxis home. He text me to make sure i got home ok . I only had enough credit for one more message so i said that i got home ok and had no more credit. He wrote back saying ok and to text him when i got credit.

I text him the next day (friday) and he hasnt wrote back since. He has a bill phone so credit isnt an issue.

Don't know what to think now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Don't know what to think now.

Sweet mother of god stop texting him ... call him ... seriously it sounds like you are both 15, which i am assuming is not true becuase you talk about work and lunch breaks. If you want a proper relationship (or even to simply know where you stand) you have to get out of the habit of doing 90% of your communication hidden behind a text message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

give him a buzz see what the craic is

Advertisement