Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog with a heart murmur

Options
  • 29-11-2005 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

sorry not sure if i spelt murmur correctly, but i've just been told off the vet that my 2 year old dog has a heart murmur. just wondered if anyone had any information on this

thanks
    jo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

What advice did the vet give you? Murmurs are graded on a scale 1to6, i think. Mine has a low grade murmur so doesn't need meds at the moment.

http://www.veterinarypetcare.com/heart.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

From what I've heard they can do alright as long as you don't over excersise them, but the majority of them don't live into old age I'm afraid.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

let me guess it's a boxer

people in this country just breed them with each other over and over again did they ever hear of the taking them to u.k. to get one thats not related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jo0553

my dog is a doberman. apparently its 1 on the scale. but they did advise me not to over exercise him. He's a really lively dog and gets at least 2 hours a day running about. should i be stopping him? he loves to be out and about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

If your worried about his exercise requirements give your vet a ring, he's the best person to advise you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement