Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband: Download Cap

• 29-11-2005 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

I regularly check my download cap to ensure that I'm not exceeding the 12 Gb download cap for BT.
    But in the last two months it appears that no matter how much i download my Data Downloaded never moves from 0.00 Gb
    (see attached jpg)

Is anybody else seeing this issue, and does this mean I'm not going to be charged if i go over the download cap?
    Should i complain to BT, or just say nothing?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

I think everyone is getting the same back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Jut checked mine and it's working ok (getting results).
    I'm on the BB+ (2MB)...
    If you're big on downloads, might be worth giving them a buzz to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

I stopped worrying about caps a long time ago. I usually D/L 40gig a month on my 16gb eircom cap. Which is impossible not to do if you have more than one computer using.

forget about checking caps. It's not worth it. In the .5% chance they ask you about it. Just say it was your dog..... They're not going to do anything for a few gigs over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

They don't care about your cap - when it's at 0.00 GB they still know what you are downloading though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I'm downloading 40-60gb per month on the 2mbps package (and have been for the last 12 months) and they've never even asked me what I'm using it all for. no charges, no nothing. aside from my normal bill anyway. ;)

[align=right]13.16.137.10[/align]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

BT simply dont care about download CAP's in my opinion!!!

Have the same problem with the download/upload checker myself.
    It hasnt updated since the end of September and I honestly dont care as I am a relativately small user these days and come nowhere near the 24GB CAP.

The summer was a completely different story though when the 60GB mark was in sight on a couple of occasions!!!!

Advertisement