Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheff's becomes Harvey's

Options
  • 29-11-2005 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

Just passing sheff's today and it had huge banners all over it advertising "Harvey's - Opening Dec 8th", I knew the place was being renovated but didnt realise that it was under new ownership/being re-launched (again after the flop of sheff's live).

Anyone heard anything on this "Harvey's" ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

As far as I can see Sheffs went to hell ever since they decided to change from a student pub to a nightclub to whatever else they changed it to, damn shame to be honest :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Yeah it became a student bar with scorpions nightclub attached to it. It kind of went downhill from there alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bookee

Just a little bit of trivia - My Dad told me that the original owner (a Lady named "May Shefflin") used to have a dog called 'Harvey' who was always in there, long before any changes happened ! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Anyone been in there yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Its opening Dec 8 , serving food all day and late opening with no cover charge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

meldrew wrote:
    Its opening Dec 8 , serving food all day and late opening with no cover charge

I shall have to sample the fare over the christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Anybody know what the music policy is going to be like. I'm going to guess that it’s going to be chessy pop for the sophisticated clientele. How lovely, its not like that angle has ever been taken before in Waterford.
    Kazbar
    Muldoons
    Masons.....BORING!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm sure it will be totally hip and down with it, ear to the ground for the student vibe :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

the same people still have it and they use to have Muldoons so i'd say they'll go down the same road as that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Anybody know what the music policy is going to be like. I'm going to guess that it’s going to be chessy pop for the sophisticated clientele. How lovely, its not like that angle has ever been taken before in Waterford.
    Kazbar
    Muldoons
    Masons.....BORING!

Ah the kazbar have some alright bands sometimes - Kraze, Remedies, Resin (although I havent seen resin play anywhere but the wacky apple of murphys recently)

• Advertisement

south wrote:
    the same people still have it and they use to have Muldoons so i'd say they'll go down the same road as that

WOW! Those guys are so daring that they would puttwo pubs which try to attract the same market within walking distance from one another. Is it just me or is this type of approach ridicilious! I can't understand why u would want to compete against yourself. Fair enough, its preventing other rivals from opening up shop nearby but shouldn't they be focusing on one premises and consolidating rather than splashing out millions when its not really required. Madness i tell yez, madness. I smell a fire coming!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

WOW! Those guys are so daring that they would puttwo pubs which try to attract the same market within walking distance from one another. Is it just me or is this type of approach ridicilious! I can't understand why u would want to compete against yourself. Fair enough, its preventing other rivals from opening up shop nearby but shouldn't they be focusing on one premises and consolidating rather than splashing out millions when its not really required. Madness i tell yez, madness. I smell a fire coming!

They will not be competing against themselves as they no longer own Muldoons. Bob Tweedy took over that place earlier this year.

Leonard wrote:
    They will not be competing against themselves as they no longer own Muldoons. Bob Tweedy took over that place earlier this year.

oh yeah! still thou.....silly on him so! :)

Advertisement