Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is BT's customer service always this bad?

• 30-11-2005 12:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Recently I changed to BT in order to avail of their Broadband and Line rental combo package. My brother followed suit shortly after.

It took some effort to get everything set up but now everything is working I find it works great and I also found that BTs tech support guys are very clued in and helpful.

But

Both my brother and I have had appalling experiences at the hands of BTs administration and non-technical support services. The litany of mistakes and blunders is almost too long to give. Major items include - Brodband being installed insomeone elses house, waiting 4 months for said bluder to be rectified, attempting to charge me for for broadband supplied to someone else, forgetting to switch my brothers line rental (even though he explicitly ordered the combo package), overcharging on bills and so on.

All of the above being made doubly frustrating by the complete uselessness of BT's customer support service. Emails are unanswered. Humans can only be reached after 2 hours holding on the telephone - after which a very friendly customer support rep issues re-assuring platitutes that all will be sorted out and then promptly forgets all about you once the phone is hung up.

Now I love broadband and I am resolved to hang in there until all of this gets resolved but I want to know if there will be an end to this frustration? Once the teething problems are sorted out will it all go smoothly? Or (nightmare) will I have to go over my BT bill with a fine toothcomb every two months to spot their latest outrage?

Advertisement