Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas Holidays

• 30-11-2005 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

Any Plans for the Christmas Holidays? I plan lots of sleep, oh ye lie ins and goin out a bit. Could even do a bit of studying.Nah Exams are depressing enough.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

hmmm.....well i have a hell of a lot of reading to do over the 6 weeks and a 4,000 word seminar essay which is worth 12.5% of my final english grade :(

apart from that, it'll be lots of sleep, drink and ICE-SKATING!!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Damn you with your Christmas holidays. Erasmus student here, lectures til the 23rd... but i said screw it and booked a flight home for the 15th. I get 7 weeks at Easter for some reason though... and then have go to lectures til mid July. Odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

I plan to do much and remember little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

work in a shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Get my music on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

manage the shop i work in while from monday week till the 14th of january while my boss is in australia maybe piss about a little might do a bit of study.... might not.... im my own boss really, so six weeks of doing what i want beckons come this friday!:cool: :mad: :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

No plans really... I've only got like just over 3 weeks off :( That's not alot :(

But on the plus side, all you > 1st years will have to worry about studying and sh*t, whereas us 1st years can't, cos we don't start our other 6 modules until after Christmas :D No guilt, I love it!

What to do... what to do... what to do... I'd like to go camping actually... it's very cold for that though :o

Ahh I don't know, I'll think of something! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Get some sort of temping job.
    Earn some funds.
    Make Christmas pressies as said funds are not guaranteed.
    Then.... In less than 5 weeks.....
    I fly off to Hamsterjam for the new year!!!!!!!
    excited.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Work, go out, work, maybe go to boyfriend's parents house in the bogs, work some more.
    And of course there's exams til the 22nd. Damn you UCD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Go home-yay!I cant wait to spend a good three weeks at home.There is no place better than the limerick countryside at this time of year.I'l probably help dad out with the cattle a bit,putting them in to sheds and feeding them etc.Then will probably do a bit of cooking cos dont you find its always the chef in you that comes out at this time of year(well cept for beanyb:D ) Then will sit by the log fire sipping (fairtrade) hot chocolate and watching tv movie on rte.Hate heading out when I go home cos tis the season for rest.However,stephens night is a ritual by now-head down to whispers the local nite club-best nite of the year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

First of all, cram for my exams until Dec 22. Then work a lot, and play games until my eyes bleed. Of course, going out too, and sleeping a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭liamk

work loads to get the finances up to a less negitive level then bring myself back into a negitive level with a trip to utrect. hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

ah 6 weeks off... it's the greatest thing to ever happen!

Though stupid work may get in the way of my doing absolutely nothing for all that time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

santa, a.k.a jimmy o'neill, the finance lecturer has really made my christmas by having the god forsaken exam on the 22nd. I also have a 5000 word commercial law essay to get tucked into over the "break" Ah, the joys of college life....That said, I will be Bollo*ed drunk on numerous occasions as I turn 21 over the break too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Not finished till the 22nd :(

Then i can either have xmas in dublin or head down to the freezing cold back ass of nowhere which is my moms house and huddle around the fire till i get a train home.
    For new years a m8 of mine has invited us down to his holiday home in westport (we usually go during the summer but hes away so its a winter one instead) which id say is gonna be brilliant.
    drink and ICE-SKATING!!!
    Really pushing that idea huh :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

B-K-DzR wrote:

Really pushing that idea huh :p

:D someone has to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I intend to do lots of eatin, lots of drinkin', lots of partyin' and lots of lovin'.:v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

lets see....study my ass off til end of exams, then go to galway for some xmas spirit, come home, work, hopefully go away for new years, come back and enjoy a week of no parental supervision, go to a few parties and maybe look at some land law cause i havent done a tap for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

2 Projects.
    1 for Politics and Nationalism, the other for Latin American Politics.

Plus an essay that woulda been for this Friday but I got an extension:D
    So I probably won't hand it in til March at this rate...:rolleyes:

Aside from that, I'd say sleeping would be a large part of it yeah...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

nationalism? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

B-K-DzR wrote:
    nationalism? :p
    Eh yeah... So what?

It's a course in 3rd Yr politics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

besty wrote:
    santa, a.k.a jimmy o'neill, the finance lecturer has really made my christmas by having the god forsaken exam on the 22nd. I also have a 5000 word commercial law essay to get tucked into over the "break" Ah, the joys of college life....That said, I will be Bollo*ed drunk on numerous occasions as I turn 21 over the break too....

You're just being a grinch. Get into the christmas spirit. Ask for a copy of Lyall on Land Law from Santa.

As for your essay, what do you mean you haven't finished it already!?

*tick, tock*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 maireadrua

I will be cramming three weeks of festive spirit into two days after the 22nd. And then I plan to recover from spirits until we're back. Pretty much. I may start climbing the walls at the beginning of January though...

Advertisement