Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kerr linked with dunfermline.

• 30-11-2005 1:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

Rumours circulating that he could be about to take over at the scottish club are doing the rounds.I think it could be a good move for him.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I just want to see him back in club management. Dunfermiline will not be an easy task, and a good test of his ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

very difficult job if kerr was to take it. There are a few irish lads at the club afaik. Gary dempsey being one? open to correction though

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭colster

mchurl wrote:
    very difficult job if kerr was to take it. There are a few irish lads at the club afaik. Gary dempsey being one? open to correction though

Gary Dempsey is at aberdeen. AFAIK Noel Hunt is the only Irish player at Dunfermline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

Yeah, according to The Guardian Noel Hunt is the only Irishman there. It would be great to see if Brian Kerr could maintain SPL football for the club alright. I think he has the potential to be a good manager but he showed his inexperience at the top level with Ireland. Somewhere like Dunfirmline would be a good place to start earning the experience he needs.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Very tough job for him and I think Dunfermiline will end up going down this season. Not sure if it would be the bes way to get into major club management

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

correct me if im wrong but doesnt billy mehmet play for dunfermline.

He played for the irish under 21's last season. Hes half turkish me thinks
    Good start if brian kerr goes to dunfermline as im sure brians knowledge of youth football will bag them a bargain or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

colster wrote:
    Gary Dempsey is at aberdeen. AFAIK Noel Hunt is the only Irish player at Dunfermline.
    Correct. It'd be a good challenge alright i'd be happy if he took over there!

cheers for correcting me lads. If kerr takes ovr do you think he will bring a number of irish lads up to dunfermline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

mchurl wrote:
    cheers for correcting me lads. If kerr takes ovr do you think he will bring a number of irish lads up to dunfermline?
    No question. Whatever club he takes over he'll buy a few Irish as he knows pretty much every half decent Irish player. In saying that, he knows ever Swiss, French, Israeli, Cyprus... player too. :) He once named the Greece U16 team the day before it was announced. Just like Mourinho with Barca, he got the team correct. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭homerjay540

it would be great to see kerr get a decent job and then for the fai to beg him to take over the national team again only for him to refuse!
    if he managed to keep them up this season i reckon he would do very well there. as mentioned above he does know just about every young talent in europe and i think he is a very good coach.

• Advertisement

Anyone know much about the financial situation at dunfermline? i.e. if he was to get the job, what sort of finances would he be given to do the job with? would he have the money to sign some of the irish lads? also how about a kerr and keano re-union up at dunfermline:p

lets just say if cork city played dunfemline tomorrow in a friendly the irish side would win.Dunfermline are a small club but with the right type of manager they could get into europe.Finance wise they wouldnt have alot of money and i doubt mr keane would blow his nose at them let alone move to dunfermline. They did well a few years ago when jimmy calderwood was the manager but he left to go to aberdeen whom are a much bigger club.He brought in a lot of bargain signings while at the club as he was a club manager in holland for years so he knew the european scene. Kerr would do a good job there buts hes having talks with portsmouth now about maybe joining them. Joing dunfermline would be like signing for one of the very top EL clubs, ie cork or shels. I dont put derry into that equation as they dont have the same finances as the other two.

galwaydude wrote:
    lets just say if cork city played dunfemline tomorrow in a friendly the irish side would win.Dunfermline are a small club but with the right type of manager they could get into europe.Finance wise they wouldnt have alot of money and i doubt mr keane would blow his nose at them let alone move to dunfermline. They did well a few years ago when jimmy calderwood was the manager but he left to go to aberdeen whom are a much bigger club.He brought in a lot of bargain signings while at the club as he was a club manager in holland for years so he knew the european scene. Kerr would do a good job there buts hes having talks with portsmouth now about maybe joining them. Joing dunfermline would be like signing for one of the very top EL clubs, ie cork or shels. I dont put derry into that equation as they dont have the same finances as the other two.

Well surely then kerr will turn down this job offer if he does get it. Would it not be better for him him to manage shels or cork or even bohs if the oppurtunity arises in a country where he knows the scene rather thn going off to a place where he wont know the scene as well?

kerr is in line for the portsmouth job if they dont get harry rednappe.Kerr will never work in ireland again after the way the muppets in the FAI treated him. The only big clubs in scotland are celtic, rangers, aberdeen, hearts and Hibs, the rest are cannon fodder really. If kerr goes there great but i think kerr can do better for himself.

Advertisement