Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT and Oscail

Options
  • 20-04-2005 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

I'm doing the Degree in IT @ Oscail.

I'm in my second year, (of 7).

X

How are you finding it? I'm thinking of doing that myself when I finish the BA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Its good enough.

i'd reccomend it, but I have seen some unhappy campers too.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭kazper

has anyone done BSC in It through Oscail, i know this is an old thread but didnt want to start a new one. Have seen some old posts with bad stories, just owndering if anyone is currently studying this or has completed this, would appreciate info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Duder

Had a terrible time with Oscail. Doing the IT degree. Will be finished in a couple of weeks and would recommend everyone to stay away from it. The notes are full of errors, and a lot of the time they refer you to online articles or other books with no helpful explanations. Maybe I was unlucky but the tutors were of similar quality, not answering posts for weeks sometimes or not at all. Also they all take their holidays during the course for 2 or 3 weeks and don't arrange any replacements. You need a lot of time on your hands to do this course because you're basically teaching yourself. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I'm just at the end of year 2 of a possible 7 - exams tomorrow :eek:

A little disillusioned with the course this year particularly Human Science. The maths section (Management Science) is a bit of a struggle but at least it's logical, this psychology though is a pain.

In hindsight I think this course would suit someone who intends to teach or has a training type position in a large company where this type of knowledge is needed. I'm more a hands on type and the Communications and Computing modules are more my bag. Next term will take in the latter two subjects so I'm looking forward to that, at the end of next year though I might review my options - maybe OU can provide the subjects I want.

ZEN

Advertisement