Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Survivor Series commentary

• 30-11-2005 9:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

For me one of the highlights of survivor series was the shoot style commentary in the raw vs smackdown main event (apparently they were told to do shoot announcing). Tazz and Michael Cole absolutely destroyed the Raw commentators - there were times when they wouldnt even let the Raw guys speak! There were some hilarious comments made. Tazz was in a particularly hostile mood which he had shown earlier by being very harsh with Joey Styles when doing commentary in the Trish vs. Melina match.

For those of you who missed it, heres some of the best lines from it. At one point Tazz said to Styles: "go write something on the Internet". He also said to Coach: "You're not funny, you're not good, and you're not credible, so shut your mouth Coach". Whenever Styles said something, Tazz kept sayin: "Who the hell is that: oh yeah, its Styles". He also kept refering to King's joke book. He also kept telling the Raw announcers not to mess with him and not to piss him off.

Priceless stuff. Anyone who saw this will know just how funny it was. Must hear TV!

Its described by PWI in the following link: http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=14678&p=1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Read the link above and it seemed to fit into thw whole Smackdown beating Raw . Coach is just a joke anyway so good to hear him being made a twit of.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

While some of what they were saying was entertaining ( especially Cole calling Coach a " ding-dong" ) I did find that it took away from the match. Especially at the start of the match.There was way too many voices. I found myself trying to listen to what they were saying and was missing the match while doing so. Tazz screaming was especially annoying. So while the commentary might have been funny, it didn't go well with the match at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Coach is just a joke anyway so good to hear him being made a twit of.

Coach really is an idiot, which he proved at survivor series by making possibly the most stupid comment ever made. When Styles was talking about the torn quad injury Triple H had a few years ago, coach said: " it was actually a quadracep injury". WTF. The guy just doesnt belong in a commentary booth!
    While some of what they were saying was entertaining ( especially Cole calling Coach a " ding-dong" ) I did find that it took away from the match. Especially at the start of the match.There was way too many voices. I found myself trying to listen to what they were saying and was missing the match while doing so. Tazz screaming was especially annoying. So while the commentary might have been funny, it didn't go well with the match at all.

I agree with ya on most of that Lita Forever. It did distract people from the match, but I think it was OK to do on a once off- I think the entertainment positives from it outweighed the negatives. Obviously, if they did that every week, it would get very annoying as it would lose its novelty. I think they should do this again at one of the matches at the royal rumble- once they dont overdo it, i think it will have a positive effect. Maybe they'll have a match involving the announcers- I wouldnt mind seeing Tazz back in the ring: hes quite the legend IMO. Id forgotten about the "ding-dong" remark: quality stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 LivingDead

I was lmao when I was watching the main event. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I though Cole and Tazz were breaking kayfabe with their shoot comments and I thought they would get cut.
    Funny stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Coach was always the butt of jokes(especially when The Rock was in his prome) that the idea of him suddenlybeen pushed ahead of Jim Ross as the lead announcer is very hard to believe still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

LivingDead wrote:
    I though Cole and Tazz were breaking kayfabe with their shoot comments and I thought they would get cut.
    Funny stuff.

Apparently thats what they were told to do- shoot on each other. PWI were sayin that Coach was pretty upset that Vince didnt do anything when Tazz was really destroyin him. The other announcers just laughed it off.

Advertisement