Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Ireland are looking for an upfront deposit

• 30-11-2005 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi all,

Put in an application to BT Ireland for the combined phone line/broadband option. Then got a letter from them asking for an up front deposit of 125 Euros to "finalise my account set up".

Has anybody else been asked for this - sounds pretty ridiculous to me!

Cheers,
    Con

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

A few people here have mentioned being asked for a deposit. Make sure you get a reciept from them for it, and conditions of the deposit being returned. They'll probably tell you they don't do that but remind them that it's illegal to take a deposit without informing you of the conditions and see where that gets you.

It would appear, from what I've read anyway, that there's no way they'll connect the BB without the deposit once it's been asked for too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Daemonic

I think the deal is if you are the owner of the property the line will be installed in no deposit is required. If you rent etc then they ask for the deposit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Daemonic wrote:
    I think the deal is if you are the owner of the property the line will be installed in no deposit is required. If you rent etc then they ask for the deposit.

yup thats right !

Advertisement