Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Motorola E770v

• 30-11-2005 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

Just looking on the vodafone website and they have a motorola E770v for only 130E and was wondering if anyone had used this bad boy. It seems a nice price to get into the whole 3g thing. Any reviews of the phone?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I have it. Its grand. A little bit heavier than the K700i. Works fine. Camera is similar to the k700i as well. Comes with a 64mb card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

And 100 Euro credit!!
    Very nice phone and great value, although I was lucky and got mine at €99 like Parsi ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

I got the E770v last Saturday, it seems to be the same family as the E1 ROKR, and what the ROKR should have been.
    Comes with 32MB internal, 64MB on a Transflash card, you can connect it to your computer with standard mini USB cable, comes with headphones, Bluetooth, Brilliant for the price.

I haven't tried out the 3G features much except for Video Calling two people (It's the same price as voice calls ATM), and watching Sky News on it (Free right now), but I guess there's not much point in buying a non-3G phone anymore. If only I could find a way to put the iTunes java program on it, the DAP included is a little crashy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

very little info on the phone. Can't even find it on the motorla website. I suppose a review of the ROKR E1 would be equivilant software wise?

Think i might go for a k700i on Meteor. Wouldnt mind a meteor no anyway, and im not a big fan of the motorola UI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

TimAy wrote:
    very little info on the phone. Can't even find it on the motorla website. I suppose a review of the ROKR E1 would be equivilant software wise?

Think i might go for a k700i on Meteor. Wouldnt mind a meteor no anyway, and im not a big fan of the motorola UI
    It's brand new, Vodafone UK and Vodafone Ireland are the only companies selling it, and it just came out this week so there's nothing about it online really, not even on the Irish Moto site.

It's probably similar to the ROKR but with its added 3G features, but I haven't used the ROKR so I don't know...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭maxymax86

QUOTE[maxymax86]:
    DO NOT GET THIS PHONE!!!! I got it and it broke in just 4 DAYS!!! sent it out for repairs.... and even though it was supposed to be under warranty they told me that i was trying to flash it with new software and thats why the warranty is void... but the thing is that i NEVER tried to do what they suggest i did... So basically i had to pay 60uero for repair...

My mate got the phone too... it lasted a bit longer... broke in a week... he sent it out for repairs.... they told hime the same thing... he had to pay 60 quid tooo!!!!

The funny thing is that before mine and my mates phone broke some weird screen was popping up... saying: "Boot loader blah-blah-blah,,,, RS-232 interface, press OK to program....blah-blah-blah"... anyone knows the reason? Apparently its the problem with all e770v phones... and they arent gonna repair the damaged software for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Thats a complete rip off they shouldn't be allowed to do things like that.
    If the phones under warranty the customer has the right to a refund or a free repair.
    I was thinking of getting that phone but after hearing that I definitely won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭maxymax86

it is a rip off.... the phone costs 109 quid online now.... even some entry level non-3g phones cost more than that... you get what you paid for basically... My mate works in vodafone as an engineer and he told me that this e770v phone is THE worst one ever in terms of both soft and hardware... Just don't Ever get this phone.... you will save yourself a lot of money and nerves

P.S. I hate Voda so much now that i had to stick my reply in every thread concerning this phone.. Just trying to warn you'se... do not get this piece of sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Oh blimey .... I hope all you guys are wrong :( .... I have mine a week and so far ok although I still think the $$$$$$$ camera is too easy to accidently keep switching on :o

Mine cost me 149.00 with the 100.00 credit :cool:

I've spent hours trying to get it to work with Moto 'Mobile Phone tools' but have now given up .... inxr41.gif

I did get a usb cable as part of the phone tools kit and that works fine with my pc so I can communicate easily with the memory card .......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

I have had this phone 3 weeks and not a problem at all!!! Very good phone and dont have any issued with it. I would highly recommend it.

If you have issues Vodafone should be sorting it out . They have a duty to repair the phones FREE of charge. Anyone that pays money to them are crazy. Go into the shop tell them that if it isnt fixed then you will call trading standards and also Motorola. Insist that you dont even know what flashing a phone means. Dont even let on you know anything about mobiles in case they try to blame you .

Call Motorla on 1850 909 555 and tell them what has happened and insist on speaking to a supervisor. Say you are not getting anywhere with VF and that you have had a few handsets of Motorola and will never buy another unless its sorted out!!!

It will work believe me......

Why is it that they try to screw everyone in this country!!!!!!

Advertisement