Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this thread really ok?

Options
13»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

solas wrote:
    sorry to hear you folks lost a friend, many of us are new to the site and are not familiar with the older members (I haven't participated in the ah thread), it's only natural to expect people to be curious about the subject but it would be nice if it could be dealt with tactfully.
    I remember last year someone proposed a sort of memorial to boardsies who had passed on but it wasn't considered suitable at the time.
    For what it's worth I'm offering this post in memory of all the boardsies who are no longer with us.
    ~i~
    Yeah, that was me; I still think it's a valid idea, there was some good discussion on it.

It's not inconcievable to imagine boards.ie existing long after we have all died; are our accounts simply to be left stagnate with nobody ever really knowing what happened to us?
    But, as was revealed in the thread, how does one verify a death? Realistically we all may as well be playing one big RPG.

Here's the original thread if anyone wants to have a look over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hmm I don't see anything wrong with it apart from people taking the piss and some people would find it offensive, no reason for it to be lockred if you find it offensive. Things remind me every day of friends that have died from suicide, car accidents, cancer etc even that thread has reminded me of poeple. Personally I want to remember people even if it hurts. They were my friends and I want to be reminded..
    I don't even mind people taking the piss on the thread. It doesn't upset me, all that does is the actual death of the person.
    If somebody makes a joke about cancer, road accident or a relative dying it doesn't affect me, I still find them funny, if they are humorous that is.
    Franky I think people are two sensitive,in my opinion, cop on, remember your friend and don'r blame anybody for making you remember them.
    The fact that somebody died that you love should tear you apart not some little meaningless comment. If it bothers you just ignore it.
    Too many people have killed themselves through depression etc for some little comment to be 'offensive' to me, no reason to lash out at somebody you would deem to be a little harsh.
    sorry,rambling...
    Anyway I for one am glad that things remind me of dead friends.
    Things remind me every day of dead friends - however things like that thread will now, and always, piss me off. simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Hi Merc!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Things remind me every day of dead friends - however things like that thread will now, and always, piss me off. simple as that.

then post a proper post on the thread instead of getting yourself banned and then coming onto the feedback forum and demanding that it be removed becuase you dont like it.

im not having a go at you, im simply pointing out what you have done. i mean, when i see something that annoys me, i post on a thread, and yes, often i get into an arguement, but at least i get my point across. now some people call me argumentative and then claim im on a power trip or something, but thats the way of boards. you should know that by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

CuLT wrote:
    It's not inconcievable to imagine boards.ie existing long after we have all died; are our accounts simply to be left stagnate with nobody ever really knowing what happened to us?.

Old Boardsters never die.......

...... their Posts Per Day just get lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

If this is posted in the wrong place or is not relevent please feel free to delete. I was just wondering what rule was used to lock and delete the other thread that was mentioned. It was in particular bad taste I could see and I am glad it was removed but under what rule?

Advertisement