Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insomniac Westie

Options
  • 30-11-2005 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hey, recently my Westie has been staying up all hours turning the couch into some sort of wierd nest, she also knocks over anything she can and then barks at it for five minutes, this happens up until three or four in the morning sometimes, she's only a year old but this is totaly random and she hasn't done anything like this before, is she developing her personality or is she sick?
    normally she is well behaved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

How old is she and have you had her spayed yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

From the little bit you've said it sounds like she is " nesting " Get her spayed asap - if you confirm with the vet she's not in full season etc.

My friend's westie did this for a couple of years and honestly her behaviour deteriorated terribly in the end. She developed a womb condition called " pyometra " too from not being spayed.

Have a chat with your vet as soon as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 sharpswifty

oh thanks, i will talk to my vet asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

And you don't have mice, I suppose?

Advertisement