Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre Ordering

Options
  • 30-11-2005 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

Just to add to the X BOX 360 hype. I have pre booked and paid for in FULL. Now what I wanna know is, what happens if I waltz in Friday morning and the have no 360. What are my rights. The clerk in he store whn I pre booked in Septemeber told me I was gaurented a 360. Are they leagaly obliged to hold on to a machine for me???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

i would have thought you need a guarantee in print as a fall back, which i think for example Gamestop did not quote. This is an easy opt out clause so i would assume first come first served.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Going to be very hard to prove he said "you'd def get a xbox 360" without something in writing.
    Guess all you can do is keep your fingers crossed
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭ccd

But If i have already fully paid for one. Do they not have a obigation to provide me with obe before they sell one to Joe Public

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

ccd wrote:
    But If i have already fully paid for one. Do they not have a obigation to provide me with obe before they sell one to Joe Public

Yes. They got the money up front and contractually guarantted you one of them . Were you told how long the list was in September ?? were you 4th or 5th ??? seeing as Gaamestop will get about 10 machines per store before christmas.

Advertisement