Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which wireless router.

• 30-11-2005 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭

Pixmania have a few for sale that are in my price range. Which is better of
    the netgear, linksys, us robotics?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Which models...?
    "Better By Brand" (Which is a bull**** way of comparing two products): LinkSys, NetGear, US Robotics (Respectively)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

It should be pointed out that MANY people on boards have had bad experiences with Pixmania ...there is a thread in bargains I believe ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Thanks muchly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

And it should also be pointed out that many Boardsies have had good experience.. I used to warn people, but at this stage: they probably read the posts; and either way, should always do their own research on a shop/company before spending their money. If they want to know the score - they can ask..
    Sweetie: Try PC World (They often have wireless stuff marked wrong or cheap); and don't forget about komplett.ie (Usually well priced, but keep in mind p&p charges..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,307 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I bought a D-Link 624 off Pixmania.
    Works very well,has good range,never drops the connection and is pretty cheap.
    I paired it with the Trendnet 423 Wireless PCi cards.
    They are a good card,but seem to be buggy under Win XP SP2.
    Apart from that they are a fine card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

sweetie wrote:
    Pixmania have a few for sale that are in my price range. Which is better of
    the netgear, linksys, us robotics?

For the love of heaven avoid the linksys wrt54g version 5. I was supplied one as a replacement for version 2 and am in wireless hell with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

Asus wl500g deluxe

Custom firmware - wl500g.info

Advertisement