Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PowerCity, DID etc : Multi-purchase discount

Options
  • 30-11-2005 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi,

Currently need to fully kit out the kitchen in our house (washing machine, dryer, oven, hob, dishwasher, fridge and microwave). Have picked out the stuff we want from Power City, the total comes to 3200 euro. ( :eek: )

I asked the girl in Power City how much of a discount we could get since we're buying so much stuff, and she said the standard discount is 3%.

In our case that's a discount of about 96 euro. Seems pretty crap to me. Has anyone managed a larger discount from Power City, or any of the other shops (DID, Discount Electric)?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

From personal experience it really depends how your paying for the goodsm, if your paying by cheque or credit card your going to have less buying power, if your paying by cash I'd atleast expect some free stuff or a decent bit of money off (200e+ for example).

Although I think ultimately its down to the shops policy, some shops are just better then others when it comes to trying to keep a sale. :)

Last week I got well over 100e off and free delivery when buying some furniture worth about 1500e, I was paying in cash :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

ChilliNuts wrote:
    Hi,

Currently need to fully kit out the kitchen in our house (washing machine, dryer, oven, hob, dishwasher, fridge and microwave). Have picked out the stuff we want from Power City, the total comes to 3200 euro. ( :eek: )

I asked the girl in Power City how much of a discount we could get since we're buying so much stuff, and she said the standard discount is 3%.

In our case that's a discount of about 96 euro. Seems pretty crap to me. Has anyone managed a larger discount from Power City, or any of the other shops (DID, Discount Electric)?

Cheers

It entirey depends on how much the prices have been reduced already, it's all done in %. If they are already a couple of hundred under the rrp, then they may only be running at around 10-15% profit, meaning anythign more they give you is eating into already low profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Where are you living?

I found that small retailers are more willing to bargain on 'packages' than the large multiples.
    Their prices are often the same now (they have to be competitive).

You'll also find they might throw in a toaster or a kettle as well. (always worth asking, they can only say no:) )

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Stekelly wrote:
    It entirey depends on how much the prices have been reduced already, it's all done in %. If they are already a couple of hundred under the rrp, then they may only be running at around 10-15% profit, meaning anythign more they give you is eating into already low profits.

Bang on.

Got €0 off €2800 worth of electrics from DID, cos they were still "sale prices" even though there was no sale. Argued it to no avail, still saved on all the other retailers I tried.

Advertisement