Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom & Comreg - please help me!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Gaz25

Thirdmantackle agrees with me about the contract situation

Mayhem i think your right and im right. Im only saying what a ISP would say thats all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

the important part of this for me is that eircom are now charging for exceeding download limits?

Indeed it was this very thing which made me wonder about the validity of the original post. If Eircom have started charging for exceeding download limits surely boards would be full of complaints warnings etc_:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

dub45 wrote:
    Indeed it was this very thing which made me wonder about the validity of the original post. If Eircom have started charging for exceeding download limits surely boards would be full of complaints warnings etc_:confused:

I know yea, guess I have to wait until the bill comes to see if this is true. Hope it's not, I've had a bit of a leeching month :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Write a complaint letter to Eircom, mark it for the attention of their director of customer care. Assuming you ordered broadband, cancelled it, and was never in receipt of a broadband modem then you have sufficient grounds to seek redress.

Basically you need to outline your case reasonable, admit where you need to where you could have done more to deal with the situation then outline why they should repay you the monies deducted from your account.

In your complaint letter you should big-up the point that you never received a broadband modem - ask them for a copy of the form you would have needed to sign to accept delivery of the modem, send copies of your itemised bills showing your usage of internet on conventional dial-up at the times you alledgely had broadband. Advise them you will take it up further with ComReg on their failure to adequetly respond to your points raised. Also let them know you're willing to report this as a fraud/securty issue with the guards if necessary and if they require

Advertisement