Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few Quick Question

Options
  • 30-11-2005 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

Hello I am thinking of getting the nape of my neck pierced possibly today, I have some wuestions.

I am 18 am I too young for a piercing as in is my neck still growing?

how much will it cost?

how long will it take to heal?

Are there any online catalogues?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Naa 18 is the age for a surface piercing.
    Its costs 60 euro if I remember correctly
    Mine healed relatively quick and with little pain during the piercing process. Ive had mine in now for about 2 years, gets itchy from time to time but its grand otherwise, just remember to keep it clean and go to a decent Piercing parlour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

really 60 euro seems a bit steep does that include the actual piercing. (noun)
    do u have to make an apointment in most places?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Not really, Its a surface piercing so it does take a lot of skill, you need to get the needle in the right layer of skin or else the piercing will go in too deep or too shallow.
    Going in too deep and you can hit the spine or bone possibly and going too shallow and it will rip out within a month. Its a hard place to pierce so you gotta know what you are doing :)
    No appointment needed iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

No appointment needed. I got mine done over 15 months ago and is showing no sign of movement. Rob in snakebite done mine. Cost me €80 at the time. a little steep but worth it.

I was quoted 7 months healing time but everyone is different. Good luck

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i got mine done in a dodge place on holidays,, have it two months no problems(fingers crossed) cost me 30 dollars, really didnt hurt, felt like a pinch

• Advertisement
Advertisement