Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunter vs Rogue...

• 30-11-2005 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Whats better?

I'm a lvl23 hunter on Bladefist, but i'm having nothing but technical problems on this server. Character is invisble, can;t connect most of the time, or i do get connected but everyone is unknown entity, my ping says 0ms, and i get disconnected after about 30 seconds. This doesn;t happen on other servers...

Anyway, prolly gonna have to start from scratch again. And want to know if you would pick and rogue over a hunter and why!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I get the same **** on the Nordrassil PvE server. I just keep trying, and tend to find that once I get a stable connection it stays stable for the duration.

Inqui

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Rogue can vanish (~invisible), sapping, plus uber damage per second.
    Hunter has pet, high damage (not as high as rogue though), and probably better high end grouping possibilities.

Like all classes everyone has different opinions on which is better. Both have advantages and disadvantages and everyone will have ideas of one class vs another...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

as a rogue, you'll become one of the most hated classes. imo, you really need to like the play style, since its quite different to most classes. but rogues and mages are the fastest, and some say, the most fun way to lvl a character to lvl60.

you'll also need to learn to be a sneaky back stabbing bastard....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I had those same problems a 5 minute firmware update on my wireless router fixed them. There's a long sticky on the technical support forum on WoW-Europe which details the various reasons for this happening could be as simple as changing your connection settings.

You will encounter the same problems on another server if you don't sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

DapperGent wrote:
    I had those same problems a 5 minute firmware update on my wireless router fixed them. There's a long sticky on the technical support forum on WoW-Europe which details the various reasons for this happening could be as simple as changing your connection settings.

You will encounter the same problems on another server if you don't sort it.

I'm on NTL. any idea how i do that?

I've tried al the other TS stuff

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote:
    you'll also need to learn to be a sneaky back stabbing bastard....

haha. would you recommend it over the hunter then??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i didnt really play as a rogue for long enough. only got him to lvl15, and i didnt really like it. it seemed easy enough, once you were patient, but i never really got into it. much prefered the warlock. also, never really played a hunter, so i cant say much about them.

give the rogue a try, and see how you like the 1-10 levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'm on NTL. any idea how i do that?

I've tried al the other TS stuff
    The problem I had was just in my router if none of the stuff in the big tech support sticky on unknown entities can help you I dunno after that.

<- Not the most tech savvy. :)

DapperGent wrote:
    The problem I had was just in my router if none of the stuff in the big tech support sticky on unknown entities can help you I dunno after that.

<- Not the most tech savvy. :)

How do you update the firmware on your NTL Modem??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

haha. would you recommend it over the hunter then??

The whole idea of the hunter is that you have a pet which makes the class a whole lot of fun. Choices for hunters pets are numerous and over the last few patchs the pets have recieved numerous new abilities so it's a very fun class. A hunter is also a very fast character to level up. second only to a rogue in my opinion. You need very little down time, where as a mage you need to sit and regenerate mana.

I haven't a rogue but I have a druid which like a rogue has stealth ability. And yeah the stealth ability opens a whole new world of play. You can go unnoticed to places other classes can't and generally be a comeplete pain in the arse to others because of your stealth.

There's others things to consider: a hunters tracking ability to see where others are on the mini map is something you'll miss big time when you play another class. you really get used to that.

roll a rogue and see if you like it.

• Advertisement

It's hard to pickup a class isn't it. Especially when you're new to the game.

Like i started as a Warrior. Got to lvl16, (took about 2 weeks!) and i was so interested in the other classes. Now that i've had a look at hunter i'm even more interested in the other classes, but job and full to GF make it hard to find time to play it.

Think i'll quit work and dump the other one. Then i can play a couple of chars hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I'm a lvl23 hunter on Bladefist, but i'm having nothing but technical problems on this server. Character is invisble, can;t connect most of the time, or i do get connected but everyone is unknown entity, my ping says 0ms, and i get disconnected after about 30 seconds. This doesn;t happen on other servers...
    I used to have this problem quite a lot. You need to change your lan card settings from Full Duplex to Half Duplex (or vice versa, or something similar - search on the tech support forum). That fixed it for me after 2 weeks of hell.

Also, try Disabling Checksum Offload or something like that in the same settings.

This solution notonly worked for me but a few others on this board.

I did that.

It's nothing to do with that.

All my chars on other servers work perfect. It's just on lagfest (or bladefist i think it's called).

Besides i'm already running on Full duplex 10, checksum offload is disabled. and all the other crap. Worked for a few hours, and now i'm invisible again.

Wierd thing.

When i'm connected properly (still invisible though) as soon as i hit "complete quest" with and NPC, i go into offline mode. i can run around but no-one responds. and then i get disconnected

stupid server.

no way am i lvl'ing up again on a different server.

i'll quit first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I did that.

All my chars on other servers work perfect. It's just on lagfest (or bladefist i think it's called).

Besides i'm already running on Full duplex 10, checksum offload is disabled. and all the other crap. Worked for a few hours, and now i'm invisible again.

Wierd thing.

When i'm connected properly (still invisible though) as soon as i hit "complete quest" with and NPC, i go into offline mode. i can run around but no-one responds. and then i get disconnected

stupid server.

i'll pay back the gold i borrowed then quit first.

Edited that for you.

DRakE wrote:
    Edited that for you.

How about no?

I know what i'm gonna do. Tonight when i log on, i'm gonna donate 4g to a newbie.

I refuse to give it back to you for being such a prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

JayZUES drake man, I would pay you 5g to stop qq'ing the barton about 4g :)

Or am i mistaken and you have lent him your entire elite mount saving fund ? :P

Btw Burning Legion Horde for all your wow desires ;D

DRakE wrote:
    Edited that for you.

I tried to message you a few days ago to talk about it and give it back. But i'm still being ignored for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

lol just read your reply barton :D

hey there is a lesson to be learned there Drake old boy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Bartonprince banned for 1 week for personal abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

man i'd give him back the gold as well if he'd shut the **** up about it

wtf you doing giving him gold that no character starting the game is meant to have anyway eh and then whine when he doesn't pay it back fast enough. first you made the mistake of giving him money then you make the mistake of putting pressure on him to grind it back when he should just be off enjoying himself leveling and exploring his first instances instead he's stuck with this crap on the boards. don't get me wrong he doesn't exactly reek of perfume and all things sweetness and nice but you should have had more sense

[edit]i was more annoyed about this and fixed the post in light of this [/edit]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

hey data, maybe read the whole story before cating me into the flames of blackrock mountain dude!

On a slighty less gay note, I didnt want the 4g back from him. I told him to "enjoy the gold m8" after i gave it to him. However the next day he pm's me asking for more gold "so i can buy a rare item". Thats what pissed me off in the first place and why i decided to ask for my gold back.

4g plx Bartonprince! You can read this in a week when you're unbanned btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Back on topic..

1. I had this problem and it didn't go away until I binned the sucky router I was using at the time (someone else's crap Belkin).

2. Hunters ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

DRakE wrote:
    to "enjoy the gold m8" after i gave it to him. However the next day he pm's me asking for more gold "so i can buy a rare item". Thats what pissed me off in the first place and why i decided to ask for my gold back.

sure mate of course he did as he had no idea of the value of it and thought it as your lvl 60 your specced the talent money tree as you just handed it out to him. how is he to know any better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Tonight when i log on, i'm gonna donate 4g to a newbie.

Lol you can give it to me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I did that.

Wierd thing.

stupid server.

i'll quit first.

That is exactly the same problem i had. Change to half duplex and read the tech forum, theres a list of things you can do (reinstall NIC drivers and disabling firewalls etc).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Er instead of banning people who are being goaded accross multiple threads by a certain Boards moderator, how about banning people like this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054858157 (and all his posts).

I'm not here constantly. Obviously this guy is banned.

If you see posts that are out of order, use the report function, that's what it's for. Means we get an e-mail right away so we know there is a post that needs "looking at".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Goldilocks1

It's hard to pickup a class isn't it. Especially when you're new to the game.

Like i started as a Warrior. Got to lvl16, (took about 2 weeks!) and i was so interested in the other classes. Now that i've had a look at hunter i'm even more interested in the other classes, but job and full to (time?) GF make it hard to find time to play it

And "He" is actually a "She"...

Good to see girls not been afraid to have girlfriends.
    A sign Irish society is maturing :)

Goldi.

I don't know why Bartonprince was referring to himself as a "she", it's one of life's mysteries.

• Advertisement
Advertisement