Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vBulliten Help!!!

Options
  • 30-11-2005 3:00pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but feel free to move it if it isn't!!

Is it possible to view member's Private Messages if you are running a forum with vBulliten??

If it is possible can I have some sort of link to prove this??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Possible via vBulletin, no. Possible via the database directly, yes.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Possible via vBulletin, no. Possible via the database directly, yes.

adam

I thought most of the most used forum boards allowed this feature on pm's? I know invision/phpbb (With a mod) has it but e-mails remain private.

Why would you want to view members pm's anyway? There supposed to be 'Private' like....

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

smeggle wrote:
    Why would you want to view members pm's anyway? There supposed to be 'Private' like....
    Privacy is a myth .........

smeggle wrote:
    I wouldn't. Most of the posts are bad enough without reading the PMs too. But I'm not everybody.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Ken Shabby wrote:
    I wouldn't. Most of the posts are bad enough without reading the PMs too. But I'm not everybody.

adam
    So true :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

jonny24ie wrote:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/juicyreadingforadmins.php?filter=thejuicystuff

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well I need this info cos I am going to be starting a new forum changing over from an existing free forum to something nice like vBulliten and I was told that admin could read PM's(If it is possible I will have to notify the members of my site to this)!! I want to get true facts on this before I make up my mind so any help is greatly appreciated!

Asked and answered in the very first reply. What help do you still require?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Fergal C

I don't believe you can read members PM's, unless you look at the DB like has been suggested above. You should get an accurate response at the VB Pre Sales Forum

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Thats grand! All I wanted to know really was that there is access to the PM's and how? About DB viewing I'm not to up on that so how would you go about reading it on the DB?? Would you need their password etc???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

jonny24ie wrote:
    Thats grand! All I wanted to know really was that there is access to the PM's and how? About DB viewing I'm not to up on that so how would you go about reading it on the DB?? Would you need their password etc???

no you just need your database username and password then look up.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

jonny24ie wrote:

link

you better believe it buster!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

CuLT wrote:
    link

LOL :D, sometimes i wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

CuLT wrote:
    link

You have far too much time on your hands... also there's a misplaced </p> in that page...

Bad CuLT

steveland? wrote:
    You have far too much time on your hands... also there's a misplaced </p> in that page...

Bad CuLT
    Damn. Yeah, I just tore up index.html, I didn't quite go over it with a fine tooth comb ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i wouldn't be too impressed with the design of that page Cult tbh. And as Steveland? pointed out it would fail the validator. Maybe you should read over some posts by a guy called Smeggle who frequents this forum and learn something about code validation before the W3C come spank your ass for being a silly silly boy. :p

If anyone was impressed with the design on that page I'd be asking them for a six figure design contract ;)

I'm leaving it as it is now just to spite steve ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

i wouldn't be too impressed with the design of that page Cult tbh. And as Steveland? pointed out it would fail the validator. Maybe you should read over some posts by a guy called Smeggle who frequents this forum and learn something about code validation before the W3C come spank your ass for being a silly silly boy. :p

He can also help you with copyright law, assuming you live on another planet. And don't click on any broken links, or the Internet Gardai will get you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

although yes an SQL query would product the result your looking for

im pretty sure there is a mod for VB that allows viewing of PM's through the admin system

the reason for the mod

Flaming Via PM - admins can check at the request of the user a PM sent to them which is abusing or spamming and can deal accordingly

Advertisement