Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle route Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 30-11-2005 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi,

can anybody suggest a good cycle route around Dun Laoghaire.
    I've just moved to the area and i've noticed quite a few cyclists going through DL along the dart line away from Dublin city centre.
    Just wondering where they head next.

Cheers,
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

There aren't that many cycle tracks or cycleways, the ones that I know of are.

Cycleway from Booterstown Dart Station (pic) to Blackrock Dart Station (pic)
    Cycleway from Pavilion Theatre (pic) to Glenageary Dart Station (might even be Dalkey?) (pic)

There was some take off building a contraflow cycle track along part of Newtown Avenue from Blackrock towards Dun Laoghaire.

There is a nice bit of a cycleway from Clonkeen Park to Kilbogget Park. As well as a scattering of cycle tracks near or on Glenageary Road, Avon Dale Road, Church Road, Sallynoggin, Johnstown Road, Cabinteely, Wyattville Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

robfitz wrote:
    Cycleway from Pavilion Theatre (pic) to Glenageary Dart Station (might even be Dalkey?) (pic)
    It extends to the west / north of Dalkey village. Be caseful, one or two road crossings have limited line of sight.

Advertisement