Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warning:*Spoilers* A theory on what brought down the plane (with video)*Spoilers*

• 30-11-2005 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

Just read this on a US site:

"Remember that black smoke stuff that was chasing Jack Kate and Locke when they were transporting the dynamite? Well look at this, its a slowed down clip from the very first episode

If you look closely, it appears a black "thing" shoots towards the engine, then flies off as it blows up. Personaly i think whatever that black smoke stuff is, its also what brought down the plane... "

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
    lostturbineenhanced1rd.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Could it be Superman?
    Upset with being stuck on the tediousness that is Smallville, he's decided to butt in on Lost...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

That video is really annoying if you keep looking at it!!!!If it is the black smoke that brought down the plane the why is it ramdomly blowing bits of it up. but yeah its definetly the smoke thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Already posted that here

N i think thats the GIF i made too!

[edit] No, mines much, much bigger[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

That's been posted loads of times. Yeh it actually does happen in the episode.

Yeh it looks really like the black smoke.

Nick that's a GIF that's been doing the rounds since the first time the black smoke was seen in the last couple of episodes of series 1. I think it mighta been around from the pilot also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

I think it's just bad CGI.
    I saw it a few other places too..
    I mean, why would that have any signifigance on blowing up the engine? the whole "person walking into it" thing would certainly have more impact than a black magic carpet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

I always wondered what the **** that was when I was watching the first series!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Talisman

Just read this on a US site:

"Remember that black smoke stuff that was chasing Jack Kate and Locke when they were transporting the dynamite? Well look at this, its a slowed down clip from the very first episode

If you look closely, it appears a black "thing" shoots towards the engine, then flies off as it blows up. Personaly i think whatever that black smoke stuff is, its also what brought down the plane... "
    I thought that the black entity/smoke was sort of a homage/reference to the 'Rods' phenomenon. I saw a paranormal documentary about the phenomenon on the Discovery channel a couple of years ago - Roswel Rods.

Advertisement