Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wednesday Night games League and Cup

• 30-11-2005 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Barclays Premiership

Sunderland v Liverpool, 19:45
    Carling Cup

Bolton v Leicester, 20:00
    Charlton v Blackburn, 20:00
    Man Utd v West Brom, 20:00
    Middlesbrough v Crystal Palace, 20:00
    Wigan v Newcastle, 19:45

Liverpool MUST beat Sunderland. Rumours running riot that Cisse is'nt travelling...!

Wigan to beat Newcastle, Blackburn, Utd ,Palace and Bolton to win.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

there will be an extended moment for george best. the survivors of the 1968 euopean cup team will be at old trafford for a guard of honour.

cant wait to see the likes of rossi again. what matches are on tv? if any?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

mike65 wrote:
    Palace to win.

Good call, i'm going to put a bet on this tonight. Com'on Palace!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

there will be an extended moment for george best. the survivors of the 1968 euopean cup team will be at old trafford for a guard of honour.

cant wait to see the likes of rossi again. what matches are on tv? if any?

Sky dont have it listed, Newcastle V Wigan is on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Liverpool match isnt being televised anywhere ? If Liverpool win they go to 4th place right ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

thats right tusky and we play wigan at home on saturday.Its looking good for liverpool now as things are falling into place.Not perfect but getting there!!

I hope we dont *uck up tonight as im sure sunderland will have to start winning somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I fancy Wigan to lose, apparantly they're to make 9 changes which must just about be the entire squad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

cant wait to see the pictures of the utd tributes to best at the game.

Liverpool to wi and palace to go through as well. wigan to beat newcastle on penos:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Utd 2-0 WBA Ronaldo (pen), Saha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Boro 0-1 Palace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Congrats to Sky for picking the game of the round again :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

my da saw the best ribute said it was fantastic.they must have shown it on the soccer special. everyone had a pic of georgie raised in the air, minutes silence and the team from 68.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

3-0 OShea good to see him get another and to see Saha back and scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Peno for Wigan... Connolly scores!!

Wigan 1-0 Newcastle. D Connolly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wigan scored from spot David Connolly.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Charlton 2 - 3 Blackburn ( not much time left )

COME ON BLACKBURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-edit-

and its a result, woot!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Excellent atmosphere, everyone holding up the pics of Georgie was unreal. Very tough for Callum I am sure.

Good result even though United were suprisingly loaded with "seniors". Saha played well with Rossi, Rossi is going to be some act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I saw highlights of the tribute, wish I could have been there. Great moment. There was just no way United were going to lose last night, I'd say even Robbo knew that.
    I'm over the moon for Saha, hopefully he can stay injury free and get back to his best now.
    And John O' Shea seems to be coming back into the form that saw him explode onto the scene a couple of seasons ago.
    Long may it continue :)

Saw highlights of the Liverpool game too, Alonso has to be one of, if not the most accurate passers of the ball in the world. Two inch-perfect through balls to set up the goals. I fancied Crouch to break his drought, given the opposition. Unlucky not to have a penalty.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Tonight was an example of how things have changed for Liverpool. Over the past decade, a game away to Sunderland could have been a disaster waiting to happen but yet again we won comfortably and another clean sheet. Things are definitly looking up for the Pool. The next 3 games will be a real test of how far we have come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

What a result for Blackburn. 2-0 down, 15 minutes to go and Hughes unleashes a masterplan by changing to 4-3-3 and bringing on Kuqi.

A year or so under Souness this was a game that we would of rolled over and lost 4-0. Roll on Everton at home at the weekend!

Perhaps we'll see Blackburn winning our first trophy since 2001.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Lemlin wrote:
    What a result for Blackburn. 2-0 down, 15 minutes to go and Hughes unleashes a masterplan by changing to 4-3-3 and bringing on Kuqi.

A year or so under Souness this was a game that we would of rolled over and lost 4-0. Roll on Everton at home at the weekend!

Cant see Blackburn winning it....All the top teams...Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea and maybe you could put Liverpool in there but I think Blackburn could beat them! are taking the trophy serious so I thik it will be one of the three!! I know lemlin Blackburn already beat Utd this season but Utd in better form now!!

Great result for Blackburn thou last night!! think everyone said that Blackburn where glad to get rid of Souness and that shown last nite in the results....how much has Souness spent??? 40 mil??? has hughes had even 10mil yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Saw highlights of the Liverpool game too, Alonso has to be one of, if not the most accurate passers of the ball in the world. Two inch-perfect through balls to set up the goals. I fancied Crouch to break his drought, given the opposition. Unlucky not to have a penalty.

imo Alonso is better than gerrard and is one of the bet midfield players in the world

Big Nelly wrote:
    maybe you could put Liverpool in there

I love Liverpool and they are the best team in the world in my eyes but even I can't see them winning the League Cup ;)

LFCFan wrote:
    I love Liverpool and they are the best team in the world in my eyes but even I can't see them winning the League Cup ;)

I'm sticking €10 on Chelsea. :D

Big Nelly wrote:
    Cant see Blackburn winning it....All the top teams...Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea and maybe you could put Liverpool in there but I think Blackburn could beat them! are taking the trophy serious so I thik it will be one of the three!! I know lemlin Blackburn already beat Utd this season but Utd in better form now!!

Great result for Blackburn thou last night!! think everyone said that Blackburn where glad to get rid of Souness and that shown last nite in the results....how much has Souness spent??? 40 mil??? has hughes had even 10mil yet?

In fairness to Souness, he sold alot of players to fund buying players. Under his tenure, David Dunn moved for 5.5 million and Duffer was sold for 17 million, a club record.

That said, Hughes has had little more than the 5.5 million he paid for Bellamy. His other signings, Todd, Mokoena, Zhurab and Bentley have all been free/loan signings. He seems to be doing a 'Big Sam' on it and buying unknown players who are reliable Premiership performers.

As for the next round, I'm praying for either Doncaster or Birmingham. That way, a few of the big hitters can knock each other out and Blackburn can cruise through to a semi where we'll repeat our feat of 2001 and beat Arsenal 4-0 ;)

Lemlin wrote:
    In fairness to Souness, he sold alot of players to fund buying players. Under his tenure, David Dunn moved for 5.5 million and Duffer was sold for 17 million, a club record.

Sorry meant at Newcastle since he left Blackburn compared to what Hughes has spent since he joined....big differnece....both level on points in PL....wonder what hughes could do with the money SOuness has spent!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Lemlin wrote:

As for the next round, I'm praying for either Doncaster or Birmingham. That way, a few of the big hitters can knock each other out and Blackburn can cruise through to a semi where we'll repeat our feat of 2001 and beat Arsenal 4-0 ;)

i like dreams like that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Lemlin wrote:
    And who was the manager back then..........................

Dont tell me Jivin you still standing up for Souness? you must be the only Newcastle fan. Was alot of un-impressed Newcastle fans on "Your on SKy Sports" last night

• Advertisement

Big Nelly wrote:
    Sorry meant at Newcastle since he left Blackburn compared to what Hughes has spent since he joined....big differnece....both level on points in PL....wonder what hughes could do with the money SOuness has spent!!

Spent 6.75 million on a 5 foot Seria B striker who scores 3 goals in two seasons, before letting that said striker walk out of the club on a free transfer, I'd say!

Originally posted by Jivin Turkey

Hehe, just remember that I told ya he wouldn't last long in Newcastle. All his great signings you raved about couldn't even beat Wigan's reserve team last night.

Dont tell me Jivin you still standing up for Souness? you must be the only Newcastle fan. Was alot of un-impressed Newcastle fans on "Your on SKy Sports" last night

Alot of unimpressed fans in St James' Park too. Maybe Souness will pull one out of the bag though and lead Newcastle through his next "decade of success" ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I will gladly put 100 pound on with you that Blackburn will definitely not beat liverpool in th CC this season. Fancy it, I will even give you odds of 10 - 1. So my £1000 to your £100...

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/match/season/2005-2006/oct/480/teamsheet.htm

I will gladly put 100 pound on with you Lemlin that Blackburn will definitely not beat liverpool in th CC this season. Fancy it, I will even give you odds of 10 - 1. So my £1000 to your £100...

Cant use that game for an example. Blackburn where holding there own and then Khizanishvilli was set off with the one of the most dodgy red cards this season!! apart from that I would say that it would have been a draw. Of all the top 3 teams I can see Liverpool or maybe Utd making a slip up against one of the lower teams......still think Chelsea and Arsenal seems to be more consistant

I will gladly put 100 pound on with you Lemlin that Blackburn will definitely not beat liverpool in th CC this season. Fancy it, I will even give you odds of 10 - 1. So my £1000 to your £100...

I think you should improve the odds - how often do Liverpool meet Blackburn in the cup ;)

I'll offer you 20 - 1 Lemlin on the same bet.

Couple of good results and the Liverpool supporters think there team is World beaters. Hate to tell you lads but they are still the same team they where at the start of the season. Still need a striker, ring midfielder and a central defender. Also need more backup for first team players. Seen someone on another thread saying Liverpool where going to win the Champions League, and it was between them, Chelsea and Barca. :D funny

Big Nelly wrote:
    Couple of good results and the Liverpool supporters think there team is World beaters. Hate to tell you lads but they are still the same team they where at the start of the season. Still need a striker, ring midfielder and a central defender. Also need more backup for first team players. Seen someone on another thread saying Liverpool where going to win the Champions League, and it was between them, Chelsea and Barca. :D funny
    I'll extend my offer to you too Big Nelly, seemings as you're pretty close to Lemlin :p

What's so funny, we won the CL last year and got to the CC final. As to whether we're world beaters, well tune into BBC2 in a few weeks to watch the world club championships ;)

• Advertisement

p.pete wrote:
    I'll extend my offer to you too Big Nelly, seemings as you're pretty close to Lemlin :p

What's so funny, we won the CL last year and got to the CC final. As to whether we're world beaters, well tune into BBC2 in a few weeks to watch the world club championships ;)

Nah your ok with your offer! been stung before by footie and betting!!

Who is playing in World Club Championships? anyone have fixtures and dates? all shown on BBC2?

good to see you back big nelly.Suprise suprise Your still going on about the liverpool blackburn game.

Give credit where credit is due.Liverpool are 4th only 2 points off second and if we win our match in hand we are only 9 behind chelsea. We have recorded 8 clean sheets in a row in all competitions. We are in the CL second round.The world club championships on in 10 days time, what else. Jealousy will get you nowhere mate.:D

Yes, and I'll galdly put €100 that Blackburn will not beat Liverpool either. Will you take my bet of €1000 that Blackburn will go further in the CC than Liverpool though ;)

Here's a realistic one for ya though, I'll bet by the end of 2006, that Blackburn will have still won more Premier League titles than Liverpool. How's that one suit ya?

As for your link, I wonder how that game would have went without the sending off which was later overturned.

p.pete wrote:
    I think you should improve the odds - how often do Liverpool meet Blackburn in the cup ;)

I'll offer you 20 - 1 Lemlin on the same bet.

Here's one for you too, I'll bet that, despite costing 1.5 million less, Craig Bellamy will outscore Peter Crouch this season.

lemlin i doubt thanx for the fish will take up on this offer of yours as we have the little matter of the WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS coming up. Ye may have one premier league title god knows how many years ago so i will give you that. Its offical blackburn are better than liverpool.Oh and i see that pigs are flighing outside my window haha.

• Advertisement

galwaydude wrote:
    lemlin i doubt thanx for the fish will take up on this offer of yours as we have the little matter of the WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS coming up. Ye may have one premier league title god knows how many years ago so i will give you that. Its offical blackburn are better than liverpool.Oh and i see that pigs are flighing outside my window haha.

I'm not interested in a "mine's better than yours discussion" quite honestly. Liverpool are a better team than Blackburn. There, I've said it and I agree there's no doubting it. It doesn't bother me. I expect them to be better but I'm still loyal to my team.

I doubt he'll take up my offer either, a little first division club called Crystal Palace took care of Liverpool in the CC long before talk of the World Club Championships you mention.

I'm not interested in a "mine's better than yours discussion" quite honestly. Liverpool are a better team than Blackburn. There, I've said it and I agree there's no doubting it. It doesn't bother me. I expect them to be better but I'm still loyal to my team.

I doubt he'll take up my offer either, a little first division club called Crystal Palace took care of Liverpool in the CC long before talk of the World Club Championships you mention.

Agreed and it was prob the best wake up call liverpool got, 7 clean sheets since and another trophy in a few weeks. On a sidenote i have no problem with blackburn, there a nice little team and bellamy is doing well atm. Your loyalty should be commended. I have been a fan of liverpool for 18 years so im loyal fan too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Hugs all round. :D

Mike.

galwaydude wrote:
    Agreed and it was prob the best wake up call liverpool got, 7 clean sheets since and another trophy in a few weeks. On a sidenote i have no problem with blackburn, there a nice little team and bellamy is doing well atm. Your loyalty should be commended. I have been a fan of liverpool for 18 years so im loyal fan too.

I've been supporting Blackburn since 92-93 now. Under Hughes, I think Blackburn could come to be more than just a "nice little team" in the not so distant future. Watch this space.

Lemlin wrote:
    I've been supporting Blackburn since 92-93 now. Under Hughes, I think Blackburn could come to be more than just a "nice little team" in the not so distant future. Watch this space.
    Keep dreaming :)

LFCFan wrote:
    Keep dreaming :)

And I'm sure you heard that alot last season when you said Liverpool had a chance of winning the CL ;)

You should tell your brother that Lemlin, he does not seem to know that the pool are already out of the competition. Or that they did not take it seriously.. Rafa told the youth of the team that they would represent Liverpool in the competition and that they would continue to all the way to the final if they got there. They didn't win and so missed their chance to play in any way regularly in the first team.

You should tell your brother that Lemlin, he does not seem to know that the pool are already out of the competition. Or that they did not take it seriously.. Rafa told the youth of the team that they would represent Liverpool in the competition and that they would continue to all the way to the final if they got there. They didn't win and so missed their chance to play in any way regularly in the first team.

Well maybe you should of reminded him rather than play a childish game where you tried to catch me and him out. In all fairness, I would of expected better from someone who is in a position where they are expected to lead by example.

Aren't personal vendettas against the charter? You seem to have a problem with Big Nelly since he made comments about Liverpool. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, whether you think its right or wrong.

What are you talking about personal vendettas. Grow up. I have no problem with Nelly or you, regardless of what you think. It is your opinion and you are entitled to it, but it is completely wrong.

Just out of curiosity who is in a position where they are expected to lead by example ? I am a mod, all I have to do is ban people who are in breach of the charter. That's all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement