Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

midlands nightclubs

Options
  • 30-11-2005 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if any of ya know of good nightclubs in the midlands worth traveling to, I usually head out in Carlow (the foundry, scraggs) portarlington (rugby club) or portlaois the odd time (club, egans) and its starting to get a bit dull

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭dahooligan

... thats cos it is dull. Same faces week in week out. The rugby club = le sweatbox, with the only alternative being de hotel = le ****ehole. Tullomore is fairly decent. Bridge house is ok, #1 is classier but smaller.. I used to love the foundry till I ended up in there sober one night - never to be repeated! Athlone is a waste of time, Mullingar I've heard can be good.. only 1 thing for it though - ye may all move up to dublin! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

I quite actually like the rugby since they redid the toilets and the back bar. its kinda cool and sure as hell kicks the hotels ass chuck norris style! I've been to tullamore once or twice, great town to go out in. Have ya been out in kildare I heard tiger lillys is good for a laugh and time is ment to be deadly craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Polly19

Im told Kilkenny is also a great town to go out in or Tipperary

Tullamore is pretty decent for pubs,theyve got as many as Portlaoise and that really is saying alot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Polly19 wrote:
    Im told Kilkenny is also a great town to go out in or Tipperary

Tullamore is pretty decent for pubs,theyve got as many as Portlaoise and that really is saying alot ;)

eh wha ...

tullamore is useless for nightclubs etc.. the dj's dont have a clue .
    go to kilkenny or tip

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

Ah Bozos in Athlone is the only place to go!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

elexes wrote:
    eh wha ...

tullamore is useless for nightclubs etc.. the dj's dont have a clue .

Whatever works for you.... Obviously, it works for thousands more every weekend in Tullamore. Part "Bridge House" (The Core) resident here, so I see it first hand in one venue at least.

Seanie.

experience the world and ull see

as from somone that no longer goes into the bridge house unless forced

there is a lack of choise in tullamore imo. there both bad venues compaired to other places around the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ChillyS

I went to no.1 ONCE quite ironically nd it was so bad i nearly cried. I'd prefer the bridge house as the better of two evils.

Whatever you do DO NOT GO TO BIRR to go out, Melbas really does suck ass and it's the ONLY nightclub, shock horror. you pay €8 to go to a kip where you cant even keep your handbag and coat safe in the cloakroom lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

ChillyS wrote:
    I went to no.1 ONCE
    :eek:!!!!!! :eek:!!!!!
    You must have went when they had a crap Dj!
    It is great craic!

elexes wrote:
    there is a lack of choice in tullamore imo.
    Yes! But the bridge house is hella hard on Id wheras No1 isnt.
    Really there is only
    • Infinity
    • Bridge House
    • De Bruns

• Advertisement

why would i care about a club being strict on id ?they all should be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Try Kilkenny?

Nightclubs include..

The Venue (Kilkenny's favourite but it's not my scene, bit of a crappy interior, pop music, a younger crowd i.e. 18-20 year olds)

Langtons (Nice place, nice interiors, pop music/oldies, slightly older crowd i.e. mid to late twenties)

The Zoo/whatever it's called now (Erm, rave nest, druggies, rave music)

O'Faolains (Trendy bar, much like Langtons, lot of Dubliners go there as it's near the train station)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Matt the millers too. Also chance time in naas, supposed to be massive, heard good and bad things about it, worth a look i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Soulgirl

Hey folks, I actually just posted this on another thread (the one about the pubs in the Midlands), but basically to sum up : I've a few friends coming to stay with me and my folks this weekend, we're all around 25, girls and was wondering should we head to Bridge House or No. 1. Or, are there any other late night pubs in Tullamore worth going to ?
    I haven't been out in Tullamore for about a year and dont really know the score. I'd like somewhere that is laid back and just regular people there i.e. not a load of dolly birds and really drunk lads (or is that too much to ask?!)
    Let me know what ye think, thanks alot.

p.s. how bout Loughreys for drinks before the dancin' ?

Depends what you're looking for... Bridge House = mostly up to date dance, R'n'B, and some pop. #1 = crap smelly cheese.....

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Soulgirl

Well, Bridge House sounds better than #1 cheese, but I do like the fact there's live music in the bar, so at least you can hang there if it gets a bit too much on the dancefloor.

What kind of crowd in Bridge ? Is it a mix ? Wouldn't like to be surrounded by a load of young lads (like 18 -20) on the pull ?!
    Sorry, if this sounds really fussy, but there's alot resting on this weekend and would really like to show the girls a good time!

Having DJ'd both venues, and also been on the other side of the decks and been 'clubbing' in both, and I prefer the Bridge anytime. There is quite a good mix of folks in the Bridge, though yes, the bigger half will be a younger crowd. It is a good mix IMO.

#1 is so bad, IMO, that one night I was off on a Saturday night in there, the DJ played the Irish Rugby song.... enough said...

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Mojo's in Durrow :D:D:D

Lennons Bar in Durrow is newly renovated and it is class!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

jezza wrote:
    Yes! But the bridge house is hella hard on Id wheras No1 isnt.
    Really there is only
    • Infinity
    • Bridge House
    • De Bruns

Infinity is in the Bridge House.. no?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

the music factory in carlow is getting quite good between have good dance acts ,great live acts and the best irish comedians playing there regulary. And added bonus. there seems to be a total lack of people on the verge of passing out as is usually the case with a good few in the foundry.

• Advertisement

connundrum wrote:
    Infinity is in the Bridge House.. no?! :confused:

No, Infinity is the the nightclub name for Number 1 (as a whole venue) though recently, it has been renamed simply as The Club.

The nightclub in the Bridge House is called The Core (an original, but strange name!)

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Seanie M wrote:
    No, Infinity is the the nightclub name for Number 1 (as a whole venue) though recently, it has been renamed simply as The Club.

The nightclub in the Bridge House is called The Core (an original, but strange name!)

Seanie.

Touche, sorry. Got em mixed up :o

connundrum wrote:
    Touche, sorry. Got em mixed up :o

No problem, its a nice reflection on your nick! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Catrina

hello!!!!!!
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

go the the bridge if you like the idea of being physically and intimately abused by farmers or junkies......or go to the bridge if you want your head slapped off by said junkies junkie girlfriends.....then you'll get beaten up by security....mugged,thrown out.....then barred......

and thats just the ladies.......

Catrina wrote:
    hello!!!!!!
    ;)

Uh, hello?!?! :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Ah Bozos in Athlone is the only place to go!!!:D
    hahahahahaha...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

Was in The Foundry in Carlow a few weeks ago, and got sick of being felt up by crackheads so I wandered into The Tower part of it and had a brilliant time*! They actually placed music you could dance to...

*may be based on amount of alcohol consumed and not actual venue...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chicken delight

Portarlington is undoubtably the clubbing disaster of the midlands we have the (1) The East End Hotel - and everyone goes on about the scrapping etc in that place, just go in, sit down, soon you'll realise that its actually the screwed up mis match of music gene thats causing this. The DJs honestly dont have a clue and cant mix, some mid to hard range house followed by a tune on a par with 'ROXETTE - it must have been love", then back to some dodgy chart tune, back to tacky hard house = people waiting, drinking building up energy on the side of the dance floor waiting for something decent to come on, emmm it doesnt = BANG ZAP POW.
    (2) Rugby Club - Depending on the DJ playing this place can be alittle better, but still bad, small and sweaty, not as much trouble by far, fairly ever present bouncers.

Whats the story with that community center that we all paid for and seems to be just forgotten and used for functions that none can relate to. dose that place have any sort of licence. A good venue with a good dj that can mix well, plays good tunes = a good night, happer people, less scrapping, less numbers of people leaving the town for clubs in neighbouring town = fuller pubs at the weekend and a good atmosphere = less tumble weeds blowing around port on the weekends. Oh ye and coppers stop saying no to everything and trying to close everything down and do yer jobs properly instead of creating a cushy number for yerselfs

• Advertisement

dahooligan wrote:
    Tullomore is fairly decent. Bridge house is ok, #1 is classier but smaller..! :D
    Tullamore rocks! Bridge house = creche house. Unless you are 18ish or enjoy being surrounded by 6th years avoid like the plauge on a saturday night. (Esp this years 6th years, pains in the asses.) It isn't all its cracked up to be.
    Its like an extenstion to the harriers!

I love Number one!!! Dj's far better, atmosphere far better and not far to fall across the street for food.

For a good saturday night, head to Dempseys (High Street, small pup great craic) Digans (William Street, Always packed not as nice but fun.) or DeBruns (Patrick street, fuccking mental!) Dj Aj is in there til 12, hes really good, get tanked up there and you are really near number one.

:D

Advertisement