Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

midlands nightclubs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭snapjiggyfluff

Laguna wrote:
    Try Kilkenny?

Nightclubs include..

The Venue (Kilkenny's favourite but it's not my scene, bit of a crappy interior, pop music, a younger crowd i.e. 18-20 year olds)

Langtons (Nice place, nice interiors, pop music/oldies, slightly older crowd i.e. mid to late twenties)

The Zoo/whatever it's called now (Erm, rave nest, druggies, rave music)

O'Faolains (Trendy bar, much like Langtons, lot of Dubliners go there as it's near the train station)

The venue is no way the most popular nightclub the most popular in kk!!! It's a kip! Knacker central! Langtons on a thursday night has an 18-21 crowd and it's the best place to in kk. Nero's on a Sat, not great but still way better than Da Venue. I can't believe someone thinks the venue is popular!!! I'm in shock!!! I hate that place!!!!!:mad: (I don't actually hate laguna!) End Rant:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

jezza wrote:
    Bridge house = creche house. Unless you are 18ish or enjoy being surrounded by 6th years avoid like the plauge on a saturday night. (Esp this years 6th years, pains in the asses.) It isn't all its cracked up to be.
    Its like an extenstion to the harriers!

Hhmmm... as one of its DJ's, you're close, but no cigar! I do the Thursday nights, and even as the only place to go to those nights, it is not all teenagers. I play a couple of old club music for the older clubbing generation too.

The problem for many a midlands nightclubclub is that the clientelle that is willing to pay is young. More mature folks (say 28+) have mortgages, and even families, that it can be hard to get out and enjoy yourself if cash is tight.

All during the summer, Thursday nights were fantastic for me to do in the Bridge House, because some nights it was busier than the Saturday nights! A lot of the crowd were students home from college for the summer. Now most have gone back, so I try to keep the crowd that remains happy. It is quieter, but I reckon just as good in atmosphere.

Seanie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

The Bridge House is like stepping back in a timetunnell!!!!!!!!!!

Youd think it was back in the 1970s when your in that hell hole.

The decor is dull, there is a smell of stale beer everywhere and the bouncers still wear monkey suits!

And for the music????:eek:

colmranger wrote:
    The Bridge House is like stepping back in a timetunnell!!!!!!!!!!
    Youd think it was back in the 1970s when your in that hell hole.
    The decor is dull, there is a smell of stale beer everywhere and the bouncers still wear monkey suits!
    And for the music????:eek:

You think the decor is that bad? It must have been a couple of years since you were in the place! If the music is what also reflects the time travel experience, its not on my watch! The oldest tunes I play are probably Blue Monday and Pump Up The Jam! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Music is decent... That old guy with the white hair on the door is really nice but that one with the brown hair and thick neck is a bollix.
    Its ok but not all its cracked up to be.

• Advertisement

#1 across the road is far nicer spot.

The bouncers are dead sound and bands are much better too. Much more modern too.:)

colmranger wrote:
    #1 across the road is far nicer spot.

The bouncers are dead sound and bands are much better too. Much more modern too.:)
    Agree with you on that one... although prefer debruns on a saturday night.

Seanie M wrote:
    Whatever works for you.... Obviously, it works for thousands more every weekend in Tullamore. Part "Bridge House" (The Core) resident here, so I see it first hand in one venue at least.

Seanie.
    Dj!!! I shall be in the bridge on saturday night!! You gonna play me gigi dagistino?! Ill be 18!

jezza wrote:
    Dj!!! I shall be in the bridge on saturday night!! You gonna play me gigi dagistino?! Ill be 18!

I don't do the Saturday nights I'm afraid, just Thursday and Bank Holiday Sunday nights. But, if that Saturday night DJ is any good, he should play it. I do, most nights I gig.

I don't do the Saturday nights I'm afraid, just Thursday and Bank Holiday Sunday nights. But, if that Saturday night DJ is any good, he should play it. I do, most nights I gig.
    Yesterday 21:30

Better make best of it, i see on local paper they lost their licence and it's under appeal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Donald f

The hotel is a **** hole. The rugby club is the place to go. Never any trouble out there (unlike the hotel) top class djs from around ireland. Portlaoise does have some good spots but they are not in the same league as the rugby club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

how do! i was wondering, anyone been to soda in loughreys pub in tullamore yet, was wondering what people thought? haven't been in it yet but might take a wee trip over xmas if there are some good reviews off ye good people!

I've been, its ok, nothing special, but I still think thta the bridge is better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

I was in Bozo'z (Athlone) for Steven's Night. No girls came up to me (they usually do) but two morons tried to start a fight with me (in separate incidents).

I should've listened to my buddies. They said Bozo'z sucks and to go to 'KARMA' instead. Actually, now I think of it, we didn't go there cos my friend is barred for throwing vodka over a barman.

Clubs. Much of a muchness, innit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Spondulick

rediguana wrote:
    I was in Bozo'z (Athlone) for Steven's Night. No girls came up to me (they usually do) but two morons tried to start a fight with me (in separate incidents).

I should've listened to my buddies. They said Bozo'z sucks and to go to 'KARMA' instead. Actually, now I think of it, we didn't go there cos my friend is barred for throwing vodka over a barman.

Clubs. Much of a muchness, innit?

You should try going up to the girls, most like this approach rather than doing the work themselves.

Karma is the "Gay Club for the Midlands" btw, although this could have its advantages. They also have cameras in the tiolet cubicles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Donald f wrote:
    The hotel is a **** hole. The rugby club is the place to go. Never any trouble out there (unlike the hotel) top class djs from around ireland.

Surely you're not talking about Portarlington there.. surely!

No fights in the rugby club?!

Top class DJ's??

No, you're definitely not talking about Portarlington.. phew ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

Definatly Bozo's in Athlone, even though the music always sucks. Karma is a bit of a gay nightclub agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 djciano

connundrum wrote:
    Infinity is in the Bridge House.. no?! :confused:

no infinity is #1

core is bridge house does anyone not look at the sings any more in the core it's in big lights when you go down the stair's into the club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Fitzy2007

Athlone is a good spot 2 go out in! The palace bar, seans, biddys etc!! Bozo's is a good night club as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I've been trying to think of a nightlub in Mullingar that I could recommend but I just cant. Is there anywhere on Earth where people can be more ignorant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Big lights saying the core when going down stairs into nightclub......hello, never noticed that and im nearly part of the furniture in the bridge!

offaly1 wrote:
    Big lights saying the core when going down stairs into nightclub......hello, never noticed that and im nearly part of the furniture in the bridge!

They are there alright, neon string type. But I myself have never seen it 'on', and I have been DJing there since it was "Stringfellows"! (although the Stringfellows predecessor DID light up before, in the same spot.)

Seanie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

I've been trying to think of a nightlub in Mullingar that I could recommend but I just cant. Is there anywhere on Earth where people can be more ignorant?
    Mojo's is gas if you wanna play the "dodge the fight" game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fantazmic

hi am trying to book a hens,(sorry, i know they are taking over carlow/kilkenny:p ) anyway the music factory have a hens package which includes vip area, nibbles, champers etc. does anyone know anyone who went on one or saw one there. is the venue suitable for 28 + yr olds. i myself love time in naas but we live too close and have to consider all musical tastes.any suggestions? have read foundry can be packed but it will be the june b holiday weekend which i reckon could be a great night.:confused:

Dead Ed wrote:
    Mojo's is gas if you wanna play the "dodge the fight" game :D

"Excuse me Sir, could you tell me where the cigarette machine is?"

"Are you starting on me?"

Quoted for truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

"Excuse me Sir, could you tell me where the cigarette machine is?"

"Are you starting on me?"

Quoted for truth.
    Yeah, Some guy politely asked me if I'd "like a fight" when I didn't shake his hand!

And if you did shake his hand he would have offered to fight you anyway I bet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Fitzy2007 wrote:
    Athlone is a good spot 2 go out in! The palace bar, seans, biddys etc!! Bozo's is a good night club as well...

ok the pubs.they do range from good - very good - excellent and some have late bars.but, depends on age as far as one or two are concerned (but look hard enough there is one that will suit everyone) and what you compare athlone's night life to other towns. jesus the small town of mohill can attract big name dj's to their clubs yet athlone can't. what is that about! the owners dont seem to give a crap, but the punters are just as bad for taking the same rubbish week in week out.

i know the palace have made an effort lately, but the live music scene is pis( poor, bar some smelly scruffy bunch of students playing the same tired rubbish in river s at the weekends and of course the odd trip from aslan (oh woopidy doo)

as for bozos, we cant compare it to anywhere else its the only nightclub we have, and its sh(te.

its sad that probably the best and proper nights out lie in galway or dublin city (as far as athlone is concerned)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Dead Ed wrote:
    Yeah, Some guy politely asked me if I'd "like a fight" when I didn't shake his hand!

At least he was polite about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

Donald f wrote:
    The hotel is a **** hole. The rugby club is the place to go. Never any trouble out there (unlike the hotel) top class djs from around ireland. Portlaoise does have some good spots but they are not in the same league as the rugby club

Are you high on Crack!

I agree the Hotel is a ****hole but I've never heard the rugby club talked up so much in my life. I brought the girlfriend there for the first time a while back and when we were leaving some aul lad raced up in his hi-ace, got out and went at the bouncers with a 2 by 4. she thought it was the funniest thing she ever saw. and as for top class DJs from around Ireland, you sir are a sad indictment of what drugs are doing to the minds of Irelands youth!

Advertisement