Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Debs

• 30-11-2005 4:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I dont have a date for the debs its not for another 2 months but I need to ask someone in the next week or so. But I dont know who too take, I wanted to take someone from school(so they cud f##k off after the photo) but the girls that I would have asked have dates & the others I dont know or they wreak my head. I can take people from outside school but I dont want to be hanging round with them the hole night or I can just go on my own.

What do you think I shoud do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭katiegordon

well if youre not gonna be spending the whole night with them why dont ya ask someone who you think will wreck your head!?!ya may as well at this stage, seen as you'll be mostly with your friends anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

go alone or, do what i did - get an absolute stunner to go with you. keep her on your arm for the photo and dance then leave her on her tod, get ****ed up and have a great night with your mates!

i'm such an ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

ferdi wrote:
    go alone or, do what i did - get an absolute stunner to go with you. keep her on your arm for the photo and dance then leave her on her tod, get ****ed up and have a great night with your mates!

i'm such an ass.

lol - this from the guy who complains about women on half the threads in pi!

OP, just invite a friend along, do you have any that know other people from school? you could all just hang out together, it doesn't have to be you sitting with her the whole night.
    either that or just go on your own if its an option. i wish my debs had been like that, ours was an all-girls school, so you had to bring a boy or you were a weirdo :rolleyes: all the girls sitting around with their boyfriends, it ended up not being a very good night cause barely any of the lads knew eachother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭katiegordon

yea i go to an all girls school as well im only in fifth year but a few of us were saying it would be a much better laugh if we didnt bring anyone and it was just us, sure thats the way it is for 6 years of secondary whats the point in changing for one night!?!no doubtthere'd be a few whod just "have to" bring their boyfriends though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭LORDOFDOOM

ferdi wrote:

i'm such an ass.

Rosanne Barr is probably your idea of a stunner, m8.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Unreg87 wrote:
    I dont have a date for the debs its not for another 2 months but I need to ask someone in the next week or so. But I dont know who too take, I wanted to take someone from school(so they cud f##k off after the photo) but the girls that I would have asked have dates & the others I dont know or they wreak my head. I can take people from outside school but I dont want to be hanging round with them the hole night or I can just go on my own.

What do you think I shoud do?

You may as well take a head-wrecker. Chances are you'll all get drunk and end up swimming home in your own vomit anyway.
    Going alone is a feasible option as well. I know of lads who did this and ended up shacking up so it's not all doom and gloom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I never bothered going to my debs... Just wasn't interested. Plus it was an all-girls school, and I hated the people in my year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

ferdi wrote:

i'm such an ass.
    Stunner?
    Don't make me lololooool
    all the girls sitting around with their boyfriends, it ended up not being a very good night cause barely any of the lads knew eachother.

Just don't bring someone who is shy/unsocialable that way you can leave them on your own for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Seraphina wrote:
    lol - this from the guy who complains about women on half the threads in pi!
    here listen, this girl had no interest in me - she was either there for the free dinner/party or it was an act of pitty.
    LORDOFDOOM wrote:
    Rosanne Barr is probably your idea of a stunner, m8.
    do i know you 'Lord of doom'?
    with a username like that i'd say you are Rosanne Barr
    Sangre wrote:
    Stunner?
    Don't make me lololooool.
    did you see her? you're either thinking of the wrong girl or your blind, or gay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

i brought a girl i only met a week before hand because my date had a family emergency, she knew a few of the girls in my school so i didn't have to hang out with her all night. Ended up pulling a cracking girl one of the other lads brought. Now that i think of it i havn't seen the girl i brought since, hope she got home ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

the lad i took got plastered during the meal, disappered after the meal wit the ugliest nastiest girl in the year, i was so busy dancing and having a laugh thta i didnt notice he was gone for bout hour.. i had given up trying to get him up to dance.. i had a laugh anyway which is the important thing.

he worked with me..funny, cos a couple of days after me n him were working and another lad who'd been there too, of course everyone had asked me so how'd it go?? thinking we were gonna be the next big romance..so the other lad says really loudly to him, how'd she (me) get home then?? he was so embarrassed, cos he didnt know, he turned around and said em..did ya get home ok?? then started apologising!! but it was worth it the slagging he got that day :D

Advertisement