Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Sitecom wireless router - 'Authentication failure'

• 30-11-2005 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

Problem with Sitecom wireless router – ‘Authentication failure’

I have the following setup. BT 1 MG broadband with the standard ZyXEL Prestige DSL modem and a Sitecom 140g+ wireless router, and 1 laptop.

Everything was working fine until a few weeks back when I could not get to the internet even though the laptops wireless card could see the Sitecom. I rang BT and they confirmed that the ZyXEL and the DSL were working, and I went through the Sitecom’s setup with them to confirm I was doing it correctly, PPoE etc.

That all worked and everything was fine until last week. Once again no internet but the laptop could see the wireless network and the DSL was working (I connected directly through the ZyXEL)

When I went to the Sitecom’s setup I could see that it was saying Authentication Failure, which would lead me to think that it could not verify the user id and password for the PPoE

I have tried everything from restarting the laptop, rebooting the Sitecom, resetting the Sitecom but nothing.
    I am going to try connecting the laptop directly to the Sitecom via Ethernet cable tonight but I am not to confident.

The Sitecom website has very little info or help.

Has anyone had similar problems?. Should I jut get a new wireless router?.

Advertisement