Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Treating scars left by spots?

• 30-11-2005 5:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I never ahd serious acne , just the occasional bunch of spots. About a year ago though, almost every spot i got seemed to leave a mark on face.
    My cheeks are now dotted with scars. There not severely bad like some poor souls get left with, but bad enough.
    Has anyone got any tips on the best way to treat them, like can i rid of them without ridiculously expensive surgery?
    Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

vitamin E cream. You can buy it really cheaply in a good chemist or the body shop. tends to heal scars quite well- they'll never go away totally but it'll certainly help make them less noticeable.

Another option, slightly more expensive and a bit more girly is Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream. Stop laughing please.

This stuff was originally designed by Elizabeth Arden years ago to soften her show horses' hooves, but it actually works wonders for all cracked, dry skin and is great for healing scars. Again, very high in Vitamin E, its a very rivh emollient cream, a little goes a long way, and you could use it at night. After a couple of weeks you should see noticable results. And you can always say its a present for your gf when you're buying it- its a beauty must-have for lots of laydeez ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Thaedydal wrote:

So good they don't have to show any before and after pics. It's a wonder they didn't say ... Here comes the science bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

ELICINA helps in the healing of scar tissue. It aids your skin regenerate itself! its a good cream i think you can get it in natural health shops

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

hey just wonderin does anyone know the difference between bio oil as tablets and bio oil as oil??

• Advertisement
Advertisement