Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the pay like for INTRA in Business?

• 30-11-2005 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

:d

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

A guy in my class got a job spec from the company he got placement with.

He's getting €307 a week for 9 - 5.30 every day.

That's less than €7.60 an hour... less than minimum wage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

steveland? wrote:
    Before or after tax?

Probably before tax.

Tbh I doubt you'd go over your tax free allowance and the PRSI cutoff is more than €307

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

i was on INTRA last year, the pay wasnt great but generally they pay between €300 and €350, there are however exceptions to these eg actuary etc get higher pay on intra.

u generally wont get taxed and if you do you can claim it back at the end of the summer when you go back to college

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

I'm going on INTRA this year, working in Dublin and I'll be getting roughly €335 weekly pre-tax. Not too bad I suppose, I can definitely live on it.

Only problem is I get paid monthly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

i know many people who got very good jobs after degree with the same company they did intra with despite not getting a great degree

For anyone who's already gotten a placement can they tell me how they found out about their pay and all?

I've heard nothing back from Esat BT yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭digiman

They will send you a contract in the post, I got mine after a few days of getting the job on Intra, but some people do not find out until your first day there, that is unlikely but seen it happen to some people that were working in HP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

For anyone who's already gotten a placement can they tell me how they found out about their pay and all?

I've heard nothing back from Esat BT yet...

Or the intra office will ring you and let you know. That's what happened to me. Check the contract though, because mine had me there for nine months instead of eight, and I had to get it changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

Did intra last year, was gettin 400 a week, but that was more than most, about 350 ish mark is normal. Im doing CA not business.
    steveland? wrote:
    A guy in my class got a job spec from the company he got placement with.

That's less than €7.60 an hour... less than minimum wage
    That's €8.19 an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Tony Danza wrote:
    Did intra last year, was gettin 400 a week, but that was more than most, about 350 ish mark is normal. Im doing CA not business.
    That's €8.19 an hour.

no it aint, take away 90 mins break a day

Tony Danza wrote:
    That's €8.19 an hour.
    9 - 5.30, 5 days a week: 8.5 hours a day x 5 = 42.5 hours a week

€307 / 42.5 = €7.23 per hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭digiman

steveland? wrote:
    9 - 5.30, 5 days a week: 8.5 hours a day x 5 = 42.5 hours a week

€307 / 42.5 = €7.23 per hour
    Well if that is the case then he is getting paid for his breaks, not many companys would be doing that.
    So if you take an hour away each day for breaks then it would be €307/37.5 = €8.19.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dillydally

Cheers, u have all been very helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

got 19,500 for the year was pretty tasty compared to most....
    think the average for the business course was about 16,000 maybe, so whatever that worked out a week, figure it out
    -tax and all that ****....
    You should defo do it, heard that alot of peole arnt doing it this year, pretty stupid cause its one of the benefits of the course, come out more experienced then other busniess/commerce courses...

Advertisement