Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which is faster??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Civic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

The civic is faster,ill find a video showing them side by side and there speeds ect but its definitly quick - also take a look at this

http://www.pulsar.org.au/multimedia/VZRvTYPER.avi

Its a vzr n1(the next step up and fastest ever 1.6na produced) and a type R on a track,It beats the standard type R but its a fully tuned race spec version,so they put it against a spoon tuned type R and the type R wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

the vzr is slower, the N1 is faster. The spoon civic, while a FANTASTIC car is a 1.8 so doesn't really compare... Saying that neither does the n1 as only 200 were built...

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

What about civic 1.5 vtec SOHC, i can get only get insured on the 1.5 civic or on the VZR, was thinkin about gettin the VZR cause everyone has a civic including about 3 of my friends.

What would you all recomend:confused:

The Vzr would win hands down,1.5vtec civic is about 130bhp in comparison to 160+ from the vzr.

I cant understand how you can get insured on the vzr unless your just saying its a straight 1.6 almera or pulsar(eg youd be spending thousands for a piece of paper and not be insured in an accident),it should come under the same category as 1.6vtec civic

• Advertisement

eireal wrote:
    The Vzr would win hands down,1.5vtec civic is about 130bhp in comparison to 160+ from the vzr.

I cant understand how you can get insured on the vzr unless your just saying its a straight 1.6 almera or pulsar(eg youd be spending thousands for a piece of paper and not be insured in an accident),it should come under the same category as 1.6vtec civic

Got a quote on a Pulsar JN15 which im nearly sure is the VZR but cant get a quote on a 1.6 civic vtec, the quote for the pulsar is also a lot dearer than the 1.5 civic so maybe the insurance company don't recognise the pulsar as a fast car

Anyone also know how a Levin BZr(1998) compares to the above cars???

fonda wrote:
    Anyone also know how a Levin BZr(1998) compares to the above cars???

Wonderful car to drive but very noticeably slower.Just thinking of the c160 gear change nearly makes me cream my pants. The JN15 is not the VZR

Jn15 is a 1.5pulsar,Levins/tureno arent as quick as civics,from anyone ive know to have one on a rolling road they were dissapointed with there figures.

Another option is Mivic colts/lancers but there all more or less in the same insurance category

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

What kind of quotes are you getting fonda?

I'm 22yo male, full licence, 1 year no claims bonus, living in meath

and with britton insurance

106 gti, mivec colt, mivec lancer, civic sir, levin bzr

i got quotes of in and around €2000 for them all provided they had a thatcham approved alarm and immobiliser fitted

• Advertisement

draffodx wrote:
    What kind of quotes are you getting fonda?

I'm 22yo male, full licence, 1 year no claims bonus, living in meath

and with britton insurance

106 gti, mivec colt, mivec lancer, civic sir, levin bzr

i got quotes of in and around €2000 for them all provided they had a thatcham approved alarm and immobiliser fitted

I'm 21 year old male, 1 year no claims, live in kildare but only have a provisional, got a quote for 1900 on 1.5 civic vtec with quinn the rest i only tried online so far and they wont quote me so i still have to try ringing them.

Gonna give britton a try, do you need to do a test for them i got a quote off them last year and they said you had to do a days course before they would insure you!!

They never said anything to me about doing a day course, I'm still insured in my under powered focus with quinn direct.

Dont know much about cars so i have a phobia of going from a 03 car to a 99, 00 more powered car with high mileage

draffodx wrote:
    They never said anything to me about doing a day course, I'm still insured in my under powered focus with quinn direct.

Dont know much about cars so i have a phobia of going from a 03 car to a 99, 00 more powered car with high mileage

I got a quote off them on the website for 2400 last year on a 1.3, when i rang to confirm it they said i had to have a full licence and to do some sort of induction course and if i did'nt my quote would be nearly 4000!!!

So get onto them just to make sure.

Take a chance on the high powered car its worth it if you get a decent car, you will be a lot happier with it than a focus.

What Brittoninsurance.com quoted me on a Civic.

We thank you for your submission for a Car Insurance Quotation and after reviewing your details manually we are now able to offer you the following quotation : 5216.99 Eur based on this months rates and a voluntary excess on each and every claim, including glass of 4000.00 Eur

ouch thats very steep!

mines €2000 with no complusary excess and i thought that was a little too much :)

have you any ncb? what age are you? full licence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

fonda wrote:
    What Brittoninsurance.com quoted me on a Civic.

We thank you for your submission for a Car Insurance Quotation and after reviewing your details manually we are now able to offer you the following quotation : 5216.99 Eur based on this months rates and a voluntary excess on each and every claim, including glass of 4000.00 Eur

So basically they are saying FO.

May I ask if it's fully comp? Mine on a 1.4i for my 1st year was 3rd party €3500 (24 prov). After 1 year I got €2700 fully comp (prov @ 24). Pretty much they scrabble to keep you after you've done the 1st year however they quoted me 4k before I rang around and came back with a competitive price. Remember, they will rip you off if they can, unfortunately it's either a 1l car for you or pay the extortionist amount of money for a year on the car you like.

Best,
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

You should look into getting a GT apex Levin/Trueno. There 1.6 20v and can be easily tuned. INsurance wise they'll go down as a 20v corolla. They'd beat the sir or vzr hands down cause there power band is more or less constant and a straight line and there rev limit is seriously high something like 8500rpm. Mate of mine has one and it keeps on pulling right to the limiter on the revs. Comes with a close ratio gear box aswell not sure on the figures though final drive is something like 4.7

davkav wrote:
    You should look into getting a GT apex Levin/Trueno. There 1.6 20v and can be easily tuned. INsurance wise they'll go down as a 20v corolla. They'd beat the sir or vzr hands down cause there power band is more or less constant and a straight line and there rev limit is seriously high something like 8500rpm. Mate of mine has one and it keeps on pulling right to the limiter on the revs. Comes with a close ratio gear box aswell not sure on the figures though final drive is something like 4.7

I'm looking at getting the vzr n1, they are supposed to be the quickest 1.6 there is faster than the type R, they are very rare but i'm looking into one at the moment.

Also my mate just bought a 98 Levin/Tueno so don't really want the same car as him and another friend has an older one its 1.6 supercharged, they're beautiful cars and relly fast but I want something none of the lads has.

There's so many different models of the trueno its unreal here's my mates. Type R's are hard enough to get insured on though. Another mate of mine has one and he has ity puttin out 205bhp at the wheels!! To be honest the gards hate them he gets pulled alll the time even when driving inside the speed limits. VZR's are nice though and theres not that many around so it'll be a real head turner

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

lads these are terrible looking cars and do nothing for the eye, surely there must be something nicer looking out there for equal money

• Advertisement

or you could go really old skool and get an AE86 corolla. There 1.6 20v and REAR! wheel drive, excellent fun to be had

davkav wrote:

Not even sure which gt apex you're on about but it ain't gonna happen....

the one in the pic two of my posts ago

TCP/IP wrote:
    lads these are terrible looking cars and do nothing for the eye, surely there must be something nicer looking out there for equal money

People dont necessarily buy these cars for who they look,its more so to do with them being stupidly quick for what they are(the vzr n1 being the best example)

eireal wrote:
    People dont necessarily buy these cars for who they look,its more so to do with them being stupidly quick for what they are(the vzr n1 being the best example)

I've heard there are only 300 or 400 vzr n1's ever made, is this true, i'm going to look at one on Saturday so hopefully it's genuine.

fonda wrote:
    I've heard there are only 300 or 400 vzr n1's ever made, is this true, i'm going to look at one on Saturday so hopefully it's genuine.

200 were built

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

davkav: theres no way in hell a levin/trueno 20v is faster then a vzr/sir and the ae86 comes with a 1.6 16v not the 20v

If you want fast 1.6 go for the sir/type-r or vzr/n1, sir will be faster than the vzr and the n1 will be faster than the type-r. Just depends what u want...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭seatleon2000

I agree .. both horrible!

Ive only ever heard of 4 vzrn1's here,one of which was crashed and the engine transplanted into another pulsar(its red just incase that happens to be the one your looking at - think the guys from the west)

• Advertisement

eireal wrote:
    Ive only ever heard of 4 vzrn1's here,one of which was crashed and the engine transplanted into another pulsar(its red just incase that happens to be the one your looking at - think the guys from the west)

No it's a white 97 in Carlow

Advertisement