Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which is faster??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭toffeapple

Vz-r is faster, 175 bhp verus 167 in the civic.
    It also has 2 stage cam changes which means power comes in earlier and is more useable. it also has adjustable dampers on the strut braces and is all around much better handling than an SIR civic..it doesnt match up to a TYPE-r but that is a much more expensive car...the n-1 version of the pulsar has 200bhp very rare
    I know this because i have owned both cars i just bought a pulsar and it is a better drive than the civic but it remains to be seen if it has the build quality of the honda.
    I also had a 20v corrolla for a few weeks on loan...nice yoke 160 bhp very usuable power right through the revs cant get um past 96 but most are 94's
    I have seen that pulsar in kilbarrack says it has 30k on the clock but looks and feels like it has done more..that a side it has a class induction kit on it and sounds wicked when pushed its a good bit faster than the one i bought (probably pushing 185bhp) but i would try and buy a standard one especially A jap car..hard to know if the mods are done properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 RealCar

Which is faster? Its a f*****g Honda civic! what do you mean!

This just shows the attitudes of people who buy this and prob go racin around tryin to prove how "fast" their car is

Why not get a REAL sports car ie at least a 2l engine or maybe is it coz insurance is too much and you cant afford it losers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭xha1r

i bet you're a 15 year old kid, with no car, and you're just dreaming of having a proper one some day. with the level of maturity you're showing on here, i doubt you're older than the above age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

guys get a life and get a proper car to race in:D unlike starlet gts and civics and swayyyyy pulsars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

RealCar: why bother replying when you don't even know what your talking about.
    Both the civic/pulsar would out perform your "REAL" sports car in every way, whether that be handling, acceleration, engine power, etc...

Or as said by xha1r are you just some 15 yearold looking for attention...

• Advertisement

delta.ie, no it wonot out any sports car.try a race with a 05 gti,200 bhp standard and get it chipped to min 240bhp.i do know what i am talking about.this is a thread and i can post my opinion so u donot reply if u donot want to:p

Sorry drdre my post wasn't directed at you. RealCar had wrote in another thread about his REAL sports car, a 2 litre alfa...

There is no arguing that a gti would out perform a civic/pulsar, you have the advantage of 0.4 more of a litre and a turbocharger...

And hay get the name right, its Delta_ie ........:D ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

drdre wrote:
    delta.ie, no it wonot out any sports car.try a race with a 05 gti,200 bhp standard and get it chipped to min 240bhp.i do know what i am talking about.this is a thread and i can post my opinion so u donot reply if u donot want to:p

As Delta.ie said,you have the advantage of 400cc extra and forced induction,compared to a 1.6 n/a engine which can push 185 bhp as standard.

Real car is obviously 12 or a troll,Ive always found people who are quick to slate civics or call them skanger cars ect have never actually driven one - granted there not the quickest cars available but for what they are (1.6 na) there impressive enough

yeah eireal i have driven them many times, type r and also integra.i was only trying to get my point across.im not arguing.

Listen "realcar" no one was claiming that a civic or pulsar was fast the debate was which was faster or where you to retarded to read the original post...talking about affording insurance I used to drive a 300zx twin turbo you little sh1t...its the petrol i couldnt afford! ...i had to feed your ma's crack habit

• Advertisement

I made my point and I stick by it

DrDre agreed with me so I am not the only one

And to the guys who said I am 12 and that "me ma is on crack": this just demonstrates that you guys dont have a point to make, if you do have a point can you not argue you it with valid points rather thatn the kind of thing you hear in school when you are 12

You guys are missin my point, I think you would be better gettin a half decent car rather thatn goin for a pulsar or some crap, most of the people who drive these on the roads drive dangerously and feel like they have somethin to prove. I have no problem with people gettin these cars per se, but the fact is that most people who have these cars are boy racers and drive like **** to prove to their mates that they are "cool"

And lads I know a bit about this, having worked A&E, I have seen so many young people come in from these cars mashed up. When you see a 20 year old guy who messes his life up just coz he was tryin to prove somethin to his mate, then you feel like, man what a waste of a life, he may have thought he was cool before, but he aint gonna be so cool when he needs someone to wash and feed him for the rest of his life: I aint bein cruel on this guys but when you see it for real, it just makes you sad

RealCar wrote:
    I made my point and I stick by it

DrDre agreed with me so I am not the only one

And to the guys who said I am 12 and that "me ma is on crack": this just demonstrates that you guys dont have a point to make, if you do have a point can you not argue you it with valid points rather thatn the kind of thing you hear in school when you are 12

You guys are missin my point, I think you would be better gettin a half decent car rather thatn goin for a pulsar or some crap, most of the people who drive these on the roads drive dangerously and feel like they have somethin to prove. I have no problem with people gettin these cars per se, but the fact is that most people who have these cars are boy racers and drive like **** to prove to their mates that they are "cool"

And lads I know a bit about this, having worked A&E, I have seen so many young people come in from these cars mashed up. When you see a 20 year old guy who messes his life up just coz he was tryin to prove somethin to his mate, then you feel like, man what a waste of a life, he may have thought he was cool before, but he aint gonna be so cool when he needs someone to wash and feed him for the rest of his life: I aint bein cruel on this guys but when you see it for real, it just makes you sad

thats not the f**king point!!! did you read the post? he was not asking wether he was going to get mangled in a car crash if he bought a civic/pulsar he asked which was better...and your changing your tune did you not state it would be better to own a 2 litre? I don't condone dangerous driving or fast driving as such...but i can tell you one thing for certain if he is going to push his car he would be safer in a pulsar than a alfa..better balance and better brakes..not unless you own a GTA do you? even then they suffer from chronic understeer as there is to much power going through the front wheels

God why cant people get their facts straight

My point was that altho I have a 2l which has plenty of torque and bhp, that I dont go drivin it like a loser madman who wants to kill someone or himself

Also re alfas, I am sorry mate but you must be thinkin of the alfas they made in the 80's

Most reviewers talk about how great alfas are for being a drivers car, ie great on the road feel, and good brakes

In a class test against the 5 series, the 166 came up top

I have no idea why people open their mouths about things without at least checkin their facts first

RealCar wrote:
    I have no idea why people open their mouths about things without at least checkin their facts first

You talk about people opening there mouths without any facts, but you stereotype every civic/pulsar driver into being a reckless driver.

The OP was looking for a sports car that would fit their requirements,i.e. a performance car that they could insure and be fun to drive.

Just because it is a performance car does not mean that they will drive recklessly, by your thinking any person that drives a powerful car should be automaticly classed as a reckless driver.
    RealCar wrote:
    Most reviewers talk about how great alfas are for being a drivers car, ie great on the road feel, and good brakes

Do you have reviews to back this up, I find it hard to believe that a fwd 166 would be a better drives car than the 5 series with near 50/50 weight distribution in most models and rwd layout...

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

What I think is funny is that the cars we've discussed(vzr, vzr-n1, SiR, type-r, ae101 levin) all have a higher output than his alfa...

RealCar wrote:
    God why cant people get their facts straight

My point was that altho I have a 2l which has plenty of torque and bhp, that I dont go drivin it like a loser madman who wants to kill someone or himself

Also re alfas, I am sorry mate but you must be thinkin of the alfas they made in the 80's

Im not talking about old alfa's you clown im talking about the 147/156 GTA which came out in 03..the performance version of your car? with a 3.2 v6??
    runs 250bhp through the front wheels? you have no idea do you...you should get your facts right.
    your not a car enthusiast at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

RealCar wrote:
    ....... losers

Banned. Goodbye

ah..i was havin a good aul ding dong with um....bring back the gimp!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

went a bit off topic there for awhile

any luck with the car fonda?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

draffodx wrote:
    went a bit off topic there for awhile

any luck with the car fonda?

Not yet my other car is in gettin fixed at the moment so i cant' really look around, thinking about the getting the pulsar i'm gonna start looking straight after Christmas.

• Advertisement

If your looking at that one in kilbarrack be careful the miles dont look genuine..it is well quick but..i just bought one last week the only other 00 i seen ..got it for 9750 with 50 on the clock spotless and mech sound got it checked out...if ya want i can put you in touch with the lads i bought it off i know there going to be getting more cars in after christmas..you will probably have to order a pulsar but..best of luck any way..I reckon its better than the civic and much rarer

heres the one i bought..its a minter

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=285738

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

RealCar wrote:
    Which is faster? Its a f*****g Honda civic! what do you mean!

This just shows the attitudes of people who buy this and prob go racin around tryin to prove how "fast" their car is

Why not get a REAL sports car ie at least a 2l engine or maybe is it coz insurance is too much and you cant afford it losers

/me cracks knuckles.

The Honda Civic Type-R 1.6L has more bhp as standard then your 165 bhp Alpha, plus it's lighter. If the two were on a track the civic whould whoop that car so bad... and thats without the stuff we modders* add on.

Just on a side note, I have a mate with a Corolla, it's got an Mr2 1.6 Supercharged engine inside of it... after the mods it puts out 200+ bhp apart from the air vent on the bonnet it looks bog standard guess it's not a Real Car.

Us losers wouldn't stand a chance against your mighty Alpha right?

This is the second thread in this modded car forum* which I have seen you come on and boast about your unmodified* car. Go back to the toll bridge troll.

hes been banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

lol missed that.

Right on sista :)

sista?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

toffeapple wrote:

yea, looks really good imo. Its nice to see an import in a colour other than white aswell ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

seen a lovely 98 one there in navan last week and it was white, looked class and i dont like them cars.
    (not sure what version it was)

Let me know how you get on with insurance and stuff Fonda, I might follow you down that road and get a similiar type of car.

@Ando

you have a 1.9tdi Leon 110bhp isnt it?

was just wondering how much miles was on it when you bought it and much it was, am looking at one but its in galway which is too far to travel to come back with nothing.

want to compare prices

draffodx wrote:
    seen a lovely 98 one there in navan last week and it was white, looked class and i dont like them cars.
    (not sure what version it was)

Let me know how you get on with insurance and stuff Fonda, I might follow you down that road and get a similiar type of car.

@Ando

you have a 1.9tdi Leon 110bhp isnt it?

was just wondering how much miles was on it when you bought it and much it was, am looking at one but its in galway which is too far to travel to come back with nothing.

want to compare prices

Got a quote from Quinn for 2700 at the moment, but I have 1 years NCB in March so if I wait till then its 2000.

Big improvement on last year i'm payin 3200 on a 1.3 at the mo

toffeapple wrote:
    If your looking at that one in kilbarrack be careful the miles dont look genuine..it is well quick but..i just bought one last week the only other 00 i seen ..got it for 9750 with 50 on the clock spotless and mech sound got it checked out...if ya want i can put you in touch with the lads i bought it off i know there going to be getting more cars in after christmas..you will probably have to order a pulsar but..best of luck any way..I reckon its better than the civic and much rarer

heres the one i bought..its a minter

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=285738

Very nice I was gonna go and look at that car, i want to try get a 00 too if i can.

So, have you got it on the road yet, how is it to drive????

Yeah way too many Civics around i'm sick of looking at them!!

• Advertisement

will HAve it on the road this week..its really nice to drive..i have to change the tyre's but horrible jap ones on it now wouldn't feel safe to push it...everyone has been saying"yeah but its still a nissan" but i dont care its different and it is deffo quicker than an SIR and much better handling..i think..as well as that you wont get an 00 SIR for under 10..not a clean one anyway..and its cheaper to insure...il let you know how it goes when ive had it a few weeks..could blow up or put me in a ditch so the jury is still out!!

Advertisement