Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone sad about end of semester?

Options
  • 30-11-2005 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone else feeling a bit sad about the end of the semester as I am? I guess I'm mainly feeling this way because I missed too many days and I fell into my old habits from last year.

Even so, I'm going to be sad leaving UCD this Friday for over a month.:(

Can anyone else relate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

at least you are compensated by a monstrous piss up on friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

cant wait to get out of ere, really going to have to get the head down after christmas really ****ed up this semester!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm delighted that the semester's just about over! But the amount of work I'm having to do this week is just horrendous...I'm spending 7-8 hours a day in the 2nd year lab.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

happy its ending and looking forward to a much more punctual second semester from myself :p

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

Glad its over, i just wish christmas would get over with, shopping for presents is the worst part of the year. stupid spirit of giving

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Hanginthere

I wish the semester was longer, there was alot of stuff i wanted to do, College has been treating me well this year and I really want to make the most of it for the next few years:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I have end of semester exams tomorrow! fs! i hate this xmas ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Grimes wrote:
    I have end of semester exams tomorrow! fs! i hate this xmas ****e

Best of luck.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I am a little, I'm not one of these people that's super eager to get home but am glad to have a break from god awful labs! have tests up until a few days before chirstmas so have plenty to keep my mind on:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm not at all, I'm glad to say goodbye to this semester. I don't know anybody, I had loads of work, and college isn't at all as I expected. At least next semester I get a clean start, new classes, perspective, an appreciation of time (for assignments -- I won't leave them til the last week in the semester, for example), and a different outlook.

Can't wait, tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've said that so many times about not leaving work until the last minute... now here's me rushing to get a crapload of stuff submitted on Friday! Some of us never learn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I learned to get a Doctor's note to get an extension so I wouldn't have to rush...:p

Anyway, OT, I'm kinda torn over this. I'm kinda gonna miss college, in a wierd way. I ain't gonna miss gettin up in the mornings certainly, but the ppl and stuff.

But for those of us in 3rd year, having a 6 week break really f**kin breaks your rhythm, and that's a pain in the ass. Disturbs the routine, like.

I'm glad the semester's at its end, but I wish the break was shorter (what am I saying...)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

are you mad woman? cant wait to get away from that hell hole. Think about it. When we get back to that ice glacier we call a wall the spring will be about to kick in. The days will be getting longer. Cant wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

thankfully for me theres no rhythm to break....i have made a right pigs ear of this semester with bugger all course work handed up and next to no reading done. i'm glad of the six weeks cos it'll give me a chance to get the finger out and catch up before its too late. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

thankfully for me theres no rhythm to break....i have made a right pigs ear of this semester with bugger all course work handed up and next to no reading done. i'm glad of the six weeks cos it'll give me a chance to get the finger out and catch up before its too late. :(

Yeah I'm kind of looking at it that way but I hope to work over the 6 weeks so I doubt I'll do any study:o .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I'm so glad that I have 6 weeks to sleep loads, no 9 o'clock lectures!!! But I'm sad cos I've just gotten really into society stuff, and now with the 6 week break it'll stop! I'll miss all the banter.

And I'm also kind of freaked out cos I realised I'm now halfway through my course. I only just started damnit!! 3 years is too short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I'm kinda sad. I've been kinda getting into the stride, getting to know some new people, etc. Still though, new classes will be nice next semester and I'll definitely enjoy not getting up early :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I've learned from this semester and i like to see it as a trial run. I'm not gonna have so much stuff scheduled in the morning next time. I've missed a load of stuff around then. It'll be a bitch having a month load of nothing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I can't wait, I have to much sleep and reading to catch up on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

i'm kinda sad coz i'll miss the place..... 6 wks is quite a long time.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I'm so sad the tears are running down me legs......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

perhaps thas just ur over-active bladder....

Advertisement