Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

stolen octavia vrs (another one)

Options
  • 30-11-2005 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

hi, just wondering if prehaps people could keep an eye out for a red octavia vrs hatchback reg no. 04 mh 1726 stolen from laytown co.meath last night.
    the car was parked on the drive and they broke in solely for the car keys as little else was taken. they removed a pvc panel in the side door and entered without tripping the alarm.
    anyhow the car is quite noticable with briskoda/jbl stickers on the side windows and has large audi rep rs6 alloy wheels.
    any information much appreciated , my contact no. is 087/9172649
    thanks for reading, mick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is that 3 on this board now?

Would this be a good example?

RS-6%20octavia.jpg

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

octyvrs wrote:
    hi, just wondering if prehaps people could keep an eye out for a red octavia vrs hatchback reg no. 04 mh 1726 stolen from laytown co.meath last night.
    the car was parked on the drive and they broke in solely for the car keys as little else was taken. they removed a pvc panel in the side door and entered without tripping the alarm.
    anyhow the car is quite noticable with briskoda/jbl stickers on the side windows and has large audi rep rs6 alloy wheels.
    any information much appreciated , my contact no. is 087/9172649
    thanks for reading, mick.
    Sorry for your trouble Mick - I hope you get her back, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Paddy

PS Mike - two at least given the other one was mine :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭octyvrs

thats her mike 65, thanks for that. the wheels do stand out on it
    being 19" and would be a givaway unless fitted with the standard design- where'd they gonna get them.
    thanks also paddy, i know you where in the same boat recently- i just
    hope i've a similiar outcome as yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Do you have a tracker on it octy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

octyvrs wrote:
    thanks also paddy, i know you where in the same boat recently- i just
    hope i've a similiar outcome as yourself.

Just curious - where can I read about Paddy's experience?

Seanie.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Seanie M wrote:
    Just curious - where can I read about Paddy's experience?

Seanie.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=277034

and

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=310443

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

octyvrs wrote:
    i know you where in the same boat recently
    Why'd you leave the keys out for them then :confused:

These cars are about to become very difficult to insure, if you do get it back - sell, sell, sell (and buy an uberpanzer instead).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 scotty2hotty18

Have the guards said anytin about the possibility of finding it???There is an operation on goin now in the criminal world,these cars are been ordered by gangstars and criminals alike,they are bought on the cheap by these gangstars for there own personal use or to sell them off to the public for a very nice profit.
    My uncle bought a brand new Honda Accord there about 6 months ago.He had all the extras done to it.Side skirts,big aloys,front and rear sports bumper,tinted windows,dvd system and any extra goin.It was a lovely car.It was stolen jus like yours,they just took the keys.After about a week of ringing the guards he decided to look in the buy and sell,only to find the car been sold off!He got it back but he was very lucky.
    Try looking in those papers,if its not been delivered to a customer who seen your car and wanted it,chances are its goin to be sold of with different regs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

maybe open a stolen cars forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Leonard wrote:

Cheers Leonard! I'm glad Igot to read one happy ending to a car theft.

I do hope octyvrs has as positive an outcome.

• Advertisement

octyvrs wrote:
    i just hope i've a similiar outcome as yourself.
    I hope so too - Paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Hope you get this back ok. It's a lovely car, good choice. Shame to think there's so many of them taken around the place.

P.S. Nice suttle connection between your reg and your mobile number.

thanks for the replies guys, no tracker on the car i'm afraid and i will keep an eye on the classifieds thanks. 8 out of 10 times i'd take the keys up with me (never leave them in the hall) but this night i had'nt, they were in my jacket in the kitchen. what pisses me off is how easy they took them and those pvc doors with the panels just clipped in with aluminimum strips are usless to stop them.i feel sick that these cnuts were in my house and i never heard a thing.

PS Theres a pic of my car on www.alloywheelsni.com, under customer cars search for skoda, mines the only one that comes up. Could someone put the pic on this thread for me by any chance please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

octyvrs wrote:
    PS Theres a pic of my car on www.alloywheelsni.com, under customer cars search for skoda, mines the only one that comes up. Could someone put the pic on this thread for me by any chance please?
    RS-6%20octavia.jpg

Hope you get this back ok. It's a lovely car, good choice. Shame to think there's so many of them taken around the place.

P.S. Nice suttle connection between your reg and your mobile number.

thanks spartacus, never noticed the similiarity of the numbers before as its the wifes phone (mine was nicked:mad: )

Just to let you know my car was recovered on Saturday night (in Donabate). Its damaged, but hopefully it can be repaired. Cant believe Im getting it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

What was damaged? had they stolen parts of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Glad you have some good news, keep us posted! :)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

octyvrs wrote:
    Just to let you know my car was recovered on Saturday night (in Donabate). Its damaged, but hopefully it can be repaired. Cant believe Im getting it back!
    Brilliant! This and the Audi TT both recovered on Saturday night. I guess there's a gand of theives still looking for 1.8 Turbo VAGs!

octyvrs wrote:
    Great news - hope the damage isn't too bad.

Paddy

• Advertisement
Advertisement