Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

56 days interest free credit with a credit card

Options
  • 30-11-2005 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Can someone please explain to me how this works. I want to make a big purchase with my AIB card soon. My bill due date is usually the 1st of every month and interest is usually applied on about the 6th, so how can I make the most of the interest free period? How does one get 56 days?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

Its time lag between you buying something and when your bill is due to be paid, generally the best time to buy is when the total for your next bill has been calculated.

Im with AIB so I can see this on the banking on-line.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

generally the best time to buy is when the total for your next bill has been calculated.

So if my next bill has just been calculated, and I buy an item the next day, when is the payment for that item due? The same time as the bill just calculated or the next bill?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

kazzer wrote:
    So if my next bill has just been calculated, and I buy an item the next day, when is the payment for that item due? The same time as the bill just calculated or the next bill?!!

The next bill :)

Advertisement