Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Battle Plans leaked

• 30-11-2005 7:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭

Interesting reading for those interested in football tactics, the story is that this document was supposedly lost by Makalele after the Newcastle game, it may well be a fake but the details would suggest it is not.

PDF here:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Cant download it... that hosting site seems rubbish.
    Got a feeling I know what it is... but can you cut and paste it into a jpeg or something?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

whiskeyman wrote:
    Cant download it... that hosting site seems rubbish.
    seconded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

just tried it again and it's woking fine for me, it is nearly 5mb though so not 56k friendly , too big to attach here I imagine ! how the hell do I save a PDF as a jpeg ?

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    just brings me to main page.

I'll cut to the chase... is it just a rough sheet of paper with "We will win" or "score more than them" written on it?

Probably doesnt auto open as I've internet security here... wont allow for such.

• Advertisement

no, it's 5 pages of detailed analysis of newcastle tactics, formations, set pieces, weaknesses and details of how to play against them.

such cynicism :eek:

growler wrote:
    no, it's 5 pages of detailed analysis of newcastle tactics, formations, set pieces, weaknesses and details of how to play against them.

such cynicism :eek:
    haha.. sorry man :)
    Sounds interesting alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭homerjay540

... Given inconsistant in croses. Uses punches to clear croses.
    is that true? i would have thought given is very comptant defending crosses. i know he is small but he jumps well, is strong and has good hands.

Given does like a punch, but he is quite good at them and gets distance on them.

If this document is a hoax it is quite an elaborate one (and also quite sad).

If not, José M is some man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

is that true? i would have thought given is very comptant defending crosses. i know he is small but he jumps well, is strong and has good hands.
    All its saying is he doesn't do the same thing over and over (consistantly).

• Advertisement

Given had a bad flap at a cross tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

can someone re-host this pls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

some hoax if it is or else the special one really likes details:p

Why is it called match "report"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

mchurl wrote:
    ..... or else the special one really likes detail
    I'd say this type of document does exist but the one shown on the website must have came via e-mail from somebody in chelsea.If it was something that Makelele left behind him it would probably have been a printed document therefore it would have to be scanned in to make the pdf file.
    I think these type of documents are real because I was watching a documentary about "The Special One" and some of the players were interview and they said that he goes into a lot of detail and he can sometimes predict how they (Chelsea) will score, who will score & when it will happen - that's why he doesn't always get excited when they score - he knew it was going to happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

You know, I wouldn't put it past Jose to have something like this for every game....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

id say its true havent seen it yet but gonna download it now and c it wouldnt put anything past the special one at dis stage

I'd have thought that all prem teams have such preparation done in advance of their games, regardless of the opposition, it's just interesting to see the level of detail that they go into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Probably a hoax. Its full of spelling mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Don't believe it. Far too general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭homerjay540

eirebhoy wrote:
    Why is it called match "report"?
    it's a pre match report

Advertisement