Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Injector help....(query)

Options
  • 30-11-2005 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭

Hi guys quick question that you might be able to help me with hopefully!!!

I need to purchase a electro-injector which is basically a fuel injector which uses a solenoid / plunger valve mechanism to release the fuel, its not for any particular car or model as its just a part of a project i intend to do at college. As i intend to design a new injector using a Gas (CNG) instead of diesel, petrol etc.

So basically i want to buy a new injector (clean) so i can section or cut in half or something on the line of that. I know alot of cars use these types but not 100% on which ones

Any help / comments

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

Many cars have multipoint injection system and you wouldn’t have problem buying injector .

just get one from scrap yard and see if this what you are looking for. You can try IVI engines based in Frank Fahy cntr Naas rd. They get lots of engine from japan and have good few parts laying about
    You may be able use it bottom part as jet nozzle with timed spray time. I would say solenoid / plunger type injector has too small capacity to be used with CNG without any modification , they are perfect for petrol/LPG and other liquid based …..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Many thanks for the reply, i have planned out a few basic concepts and am currently debating to use design a piezo-electro or solenoid type. piezo are 4 times faster, but because costs and tests also must be taking into consideration so it would be more suitable for me to design a solenoid type.

As you can imagine there are alot of options and design constraints involved such as lack of lubrication, friction, the engine type (Direct injection Im using), flow rate, pressure regulation, electro-magnetic lag etc.

Thanks for recommending IVI i'll give them a shout anyways...

Advertisement