Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin slang

Options
  • 30-11-2005 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

Rite.....Anybody know what TOTR Means?? Was in a taxi last night and was talking footy with the driver, he kept telling me that Rooney was TOTR...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Common Definition (i.e. Not restricted to Dublin) : Top Of The Range..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Karoma wrote:
    Common Definition (i.e. Not restricted to Dublin) : Top Of The Range..

TOTR !! Im going to chalk that down now ! Thats a handy one ! Saddle up!

Lets see how many people we can get to say it, if enough people say it ...then we can get it inot the dictionary...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

He spelt it? Why didn't he just say it? Is this a common thing? What the fup?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Personally, I think spelling it was OTT
    :p Nah; I've never heard it in conversation..but then I don't listen to Dublin taxi drivers much...ho humm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Why waste time saying it, when u can just say TOTR?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

i think this tread is TOTR!

anyone know what "up the jaxie" means? Or does anyone know what "canoe special" means? Overheard them on the kennedys pub behind trinity last wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

up the jaxie means up the arse. Canoe special, no idea. Sounds like a euphanism for a stiffy though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ott on da ft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

faceman wrote:
    anyone know what "up the jaxie" means? Or does anyone know what "canoe special" means? Overheard them on the kennedys pub behind trinity last wednesday.
    Dustaz wrote:
    up the jaxie means up the arse. Canoe special, no idea. Sounds like a euphanism for a stiffy though.

faceman, were you offered a canoe special up the jaxie in Kennedys? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

OP: Google is there for a reason, so use it before posting this kind of crap.
    Didn't even have to scroll down the first page of links that google returned for the query "TOTR" to find
    http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/TOTR

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Sarsfield wrote:
    faceman, were you offered a canoe special up the jaxie in Kennedys? :eek:

Dude i have found out that canoe special isnt rude at all. it means to for someone to lie or fool their friends into thinking they are busy but they are heading off with their mot or similar antic. E.g. leaving the pub early cos n tellin everyone ur tired but ur actually headin to meet the bird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Trevko

maybe Top Of The R?? cant guess the R

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Trevko wrote:
    maybe Top Of The R?? cant guess the R

You apparently cant read either :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 BorisKarloff

Does anyone know what a "ballymun" is? I heard a couple of gals laughing about it in Dublin recently. Could it be along the same lines as a Brazilian or a Hollywood? If so what could it be? A tower perhaps? I'm guessing.. dunno.. anyone know? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Tannylan

Does anyone know what a "ballymun" is? I heard a couple of gals laughing about it in Dublin recently. Could it be along the same lines as a Brazilian or a Hollywood? If so what could it be? A tower perhaps? I'm guessing.. dunno.. anyone know? Thanks.

ballymun>Ton>100 euro

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Think it refers to erecting a thread that went floppy 5 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I've come to realise that in Dublin "Cheers" generally means "Thank you."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

I think you'll find it means the same thing in Donegal or Cork!

Advertisement