Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

email submission

Options
  • 30-11-2005 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I want to put on my website some way for people to 'submit the email address' it is a fuction on many websites now, but from what i understand the server must support databases? can anyone clarify? is there an external way around this.

Thanks
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭damalo

Hi,

Presume you are referring to collecting email addresses for example for a newsletter?

You need some sort of scripting language such as PHP/Perl/ASP to grab the email address and a database to store them in. If you dont have a database you could use a flatfile although its almost as easy to move to a host with a database than working with flatfiles.

For a simple PHP based tutorial see (the first part is most relevant):

http://www.plus2net.com/articles/php_newsletter_script.php

Hope this helps,

D

Edit: in addition to this you could just use the mail() function in PHP to email yourself the email address of the person so you can add it to a database on your own local machine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Thank you that helps.

D

Advertisement