Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Phone with HSCSD for mobile web browsing

• 30-11-2005 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭

I'm starting to have serious reception problems with my Nokia 6600 and am looking around for a new phone. Apart from a few voice calls, I mainly use it for web access using Webviewer and am looking for a Vodafone pay monthly phone that will let me connect via HSCSD, preferably for less than €200. I need one that will allow me to use high speed data on the phone itself, rather than connecting via a laptop.

Has anyone any experience of doing this using the Nokia 6822 or 6230i-or can they use HSCSD for a laptop connection only? Is web browsing practical given their smaller screen sizes, or would I be better off saving up for the Sony Ericsson P910i?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

I cant answer your question, but why not GPRS/3G

GPRS will give you speeds more or less the same as a 56k modem, 3G is much better. Get an appropriate price plan, and it shouldnt rob you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭sunbeam

3G isn't available in my area. :( Even though Webviewer cuts down page size, I access a lot of academic material and discussion boards etc. while travelling, so my downloads tend to be quite large.

I could easily download over 1mb of content per 10-15 minutes browsing. I'm still on the old Active tariff with 30 peak and 300 offpeak minutes for €38 and I tend to use most of those on the web. The only GPRS bundle Vodafone offer me on their website is 3mb for €12 and €3 per additional megabyte. :eek:

I suppose I should really check out o2 rates though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i heard something about a blackberry tariff on o2 thats €20 flat rate no matter how much data you use. i'm not too sure about it so you might want to phone o2 and ask them

Advertisement