Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Whats the procedure for changeing network?

• 30-11-2005 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

I have and 087 vodafone contract and want to change to 3.
    I know i have to fill in the form but have a question. When i transfer my number is my contract with vodafone automatically cancelled ie do they stop chargeing me from that second?

Naturally i dont trust someone from 3 to give me unbiased details :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yeah Vodafone will send you one final bill and then that's it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Pythia wrote:
    Yeah Vodafone will send you one final bill and then that's it!

they've been known to screw people over though so i'd make sure with them that its been cancelled. officially porting your number cancels your contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

As long as your contract with Vodafone has expired, then it's quite easy to move.

To ensure that all is cancelled, pay the final bill that Vodafone issue, and then cancel the direct debit on your account also, so that they cannot take any more money that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Thanks Guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Porting cancels your contract. You should get one more bill and this will have termination charges on it if you are within contract. If you're outside of contract you're still commited to giving them 28 days notice so if you don't write to them at least a month beforehand letting them know of your intention to port they will charge you for a months worth of line rental from the date you port onwards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement