Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black eyed Peas

• 30-11-2005 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Just sitting here listening to the radio and "My Humps" comes on, awful song but great for the novalty factor #I mix your milk with my cocoa puffs, milky milky cocoa Puffs" and thats to say the least.

Anyway never got the album but some of the singles from elephunk were Good, not brilliant but good. I was never a fan of theres (although knew of them and songs like Request Line) before but if i had have been i would be even more angry. and of coarse their the typical 'Sell outs' of hip hop with the introduction of fergie. The went from being an underground hip hop act to a teeny bopper crap act. they just won best Pop at the EMA's.

I want to hear from the people who were fans of them before fergie came along and ruined them like an incontinent man would ruin a new pair of CK jeans if he went commando in them.

I'm gone behind being pissed off at there songs now i just listen and laugh, and "my humps" says it all

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

my humps has a great video, that's all I'll say about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah they were quite good, now they are quite bad.
    My Hump is one of the worst songs I have ever heard, it actually makes me mad when I hear it. Nothing to do with the fact it's BEP just the fact that it's terrible.
    Bridging the Gap and Behind the Front are pretty good albums, and the newer stuff really pales in comparison.
    Regardless of Fergie, had Justin Timberlake not been on Where Is The Love? I don't think they would be enjoying the success they have now. They are however, one of the best examples of sell outs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

worst skangery song ever. That explains its 3rd position in uk charts. Hate it with a passion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

yeah i was a fan from when i first heard 'fallin up' off their first album. its a bit of a farce now. with my humps with all the label dropping crap, gucci, etc...its a total sell out. when they first came out they actually state in their lyrics about how they didn't wear labelled clothes,etc...their music always had a kind of commercial sound to it in general, but nowhere near the same extent they are now. Not that i'll complain too much, i don't buy their new albums, but fergie certainly makes for pleasant viewing. when they first came onto the scene they were support for easy e and nwa, so its a bit ridiculous to see them dropping the extremely commercial stuff too. Behind the Front is a decent enough album, with some good club style stuff, which still sounds fresher than alot of the club hip-hop you hear now.

Just hope The Roots don't go the same direction now that they've signed to Def Jam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Behind the Front is a decent enough album, with some good club style stuff, which still sounds fresher than alot of the club hip-hop you hear now.

Agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Collie Collins

I want to hear from the people who were fans of them before fergie came along and ruined them like an incontinent man would ruin a new pair of CK jeans if he went commando in them.

speaking of which... :D

fergie-wetspot.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Funny, I don't remember going to a BEP gig :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

i always thought they were pretty average. what was that song they had out with the video where you could buy a hip hop kit and become a rapper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

yeah they are complete sell outs but i would give fergie one 4 the team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

ya i hate that song two, it wrecks my head too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

when they first came out they actually state in their lyrics about how they didn't wear labelled clothes,etc...

oh so glad someone brought this thread up.Its so ironic the way they go on about not wearing lables etc in their first album,yet in that video lets get it started,they're blatently endorsing a sony mobile.sell outs.

Behind the front is an amazing album,excellent lyrics and great loops and beats.Was so disapointed when they went mainstream.Shame they had to get that chick in and sell the whole plce out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

These are possibly the single worst act in the top of the mainstream at the moment... (of which there are many) .... I mean its like a 5 year old writes the lyrics... rhyming for the sake of it... guess it appeals to the lowest common denominator...

lets see ... this should give an idea of their song writing ... er .. talent...

all this talk of .... lumps
    is giving me the.... mumps

f**k sake ...

If people have to listen to mainstream stuff... why not sommat like the new Gorillaz single... with yer man from pharcyde... real bloody rap/hip-hop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭micromegas

Pretty much the worst thing ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

has anyone else thought just how unsexy 'lady lumps' sounds? F uckin hell sounds more like a tumor than anything else, what a turn on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 MsMolko

oh so glad someone brought this thread up.Its so ironic the way they go on about not wearing lables etc in their first album,yet in that video lets get it started,they're blatently endorsing a sony mobile.sell outs.
    When I first saw that video, I though it was phone advert:rolleyes:

Still, My Humps may be rubbish but it makes me shake my thang :p

Advertisement