Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV down?

• 30-11-2005 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm on Dial Up now, I can't connect with UTV wireless, I have wireless set up and it's been fine up until tonight, I can't even connect with the ethernet cable hooked up to the router downstairs, there is a perfect signal to the laptop and the radar icon is green and flashing as it should be but it just wont connect:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

cormie wrote:
    Hi,
    I'm on Dial Up now, I can't connect with UTV wireless, I have wireless set up and it's been fine up until tonight, I can't even connect with the ethernet cable hooked up to the router downstairs, there is a perfect signal to the laptop and the radar icon is green and flashing as it should be but it just wont connect:confused:

Have you looked to see if anyone is reporting a similar issue in the utv support group?

server news.utvinternet.com

utv.support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 driver1

I had the same problem this evening but it worked fine when I unplugged the router and then turned it back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Yeah, it was down for a few hours here too. I had things to do, so I didn't get a chance to call it in. When I came back to it, I disconnected and reconnected, and it was all OK.

It was definitely their problem - when it was down, I still had a valid connection, and I was able to ping the IP address at their end of the PPP session, so that rules out Eircon.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

tomk wrote:
    Yeah, it was down for a few hours here too. I had things to do, so I didn't get a chance to call it in. When I came back to it, I disconnected and reconnected, and it was all OK.

It was definitely their problem - when it was down, I still had a valid connection, and I was able to ping the IP address at their end of the PPP session, so that rules out Eircon.

Its their mysterious ´provider¨ again:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi, thanks for the replies, it's still down for me though (7:50am Thursday morning). Maybe they are going through a bad patch and will be sorted by this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I couldn't connect last night around 8pm, but like one of the other posters once I had reset the modem it was fine.

Aha... ok, I didn't even think of powering off the router, didn't think you would have to, but I did just there and hey presto, broadband back:D thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

My mate has UTV and he has been cut off for a few days now because he blew his cap. check your email from utv and see if thay did the same

back on, I'm not a big downloader so no worries in that department:)

Advertisement