Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Male body hair

• 30-11-2005 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

What are girls opinions here? Should a guy shave his chest, stomach ect?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

I can actually understand the back waxing thing. But your chest? Why would you even consider doing that unless you're a competetive bodybuilder?

What's happening to men lately? David Beckham and his sarong wearing notions are starting to rub off on too many of us and it's starting to wear on my nerves.

For centuries it's been perfectly normal for men to be men, to look like men....To be *real* men. Knowing the PI crowd I'm sure there are a few out there who'll take issue with what I'm saying but really, what kind of woman wants a man who shaves his flipping chest?

Gil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

..you neglected to comment on the stomach hair..

Don't get me started! Ooops, too late. :D

Seriously though, why do it? Shave your face, trim your pubes, wax your back....I can see why this would be desirable (and it's been discussed here several times before) but I just can't fathom why someone would want to go around with a bald friggin' chest.

Look at it this way - Would Sean Connery shave his chest? No. Not a hope. How about George Clooney? (Maybe for a movie but even then I'm not so sure).

The Brad Pitts and David Beckhams of this world can go around looking like pretty boys but even a numb nutt lad like me knows that the idea of shaving your chest is just one small step away from getting calf implants. It's preposterous. It's a ridiculous notion and one that I can only blame on men falling prey to bloody american media, just like the nonsense women have been subjected to for years.

I have a hairy chest. It's one of those subtle differences between men and women that some of us like to acknowledge. And I'll tell you something else, any woman who'd like her man to shave his chest has a screw loose. Watch out lads, she'll have you curling your eyelashes and wearing mules before you can say "cosmo".

Metrosexual nonsense.

..again...stomache...??:)

what about shaving around the nipples even?

:v:

Sorry....I was just waxing the back of my hands and got distracted. :rolleyes:

(Honestly, shaving your stomach. Really. What the.....)

Gil ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Listen, simple rule:

Do to your body whatever you'd like. You'll find someone who likes what you've done or is indifferent about it. That's part of what's great about being human.

If you'd prefer to wax a part of your anatomy, then do it. Some women will like it, others won't. But then how is that any different to your new hairstyle or your new shirt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Men are naturally hairy, any woman who insists that her husband/boyfriend shaves their chest/stomach should stop pretending to themselves and go out with women instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Belle_Morte

Surely shaving off chest hair would lead to stubbly, scratchy unpleasantness? I prefer men furry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I prefer me furry too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

moderation is the key! women dont want to be shaggin wolves! just no hairy necks and hands!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

You'd rather '****' someone unaturally smooth?. I think women are trying to make men more like women day by day. Men are hairy, Women are not.

Laguna wrote:
    .. Women are not.
    That aint necessarily all natural either ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

In fairness though, some men are DISGUISTINGLY hairy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

If you're going to do it you should wax, not shave. If you're worried about the pain then take some painkillers before hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭SexeeAussie

Surely shaving off chest hair would lead to stubbly, scratchy unpleasantness? I prefer men furry.

Oooohhhh my sentiments exactly!!!!

Regrowth on men is ten times as bad as women.....and you think about 'doing the deed' and rubbing your nice smooth skin on manky regrowth.....girls....it's like severe beard rash, cept all over your bod! Not good!

I can accept the back being done, but NOTHING else! Leave it as is. Otherwise it's gonna backfire on you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

cant deal with hairy backs, but ive no problem with the rest!! look at the trouble us girls go through to appear smooth n hair-free..believe me u dont wanna go through that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hairy backs actually make me feel a bit queasy. I dislike the wolf-look, but there's nothing wrong with a small amount of chest hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

hairy chests and stomachs are fine. but backs, oh sorry no, it makes me queasy too.. or worse, hairy shoulders. each to their own and all, but personally, its a real turn-off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

i wouldnt mind hearing from a girl who likes hairy backs/shoulders, say they're few and far between :o

*shudders*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

I take them as I get them tbh.

If I'm with a guy who's naturally as smooth as a babies bottom then great (as that's more what I prefer), but my ex was V hairy all over & it didn't bother me in the slightest.

I mean, you love the person, not the hair / lack of hair on their back, arms, stomach etc, etc.
    Plus, it didn't prevent him doing all the things a hairless guy could do :D

He's bothered about it, I guess because of what's accepted as the norm, but just can't handle the regrowth so lives with it. I don't see the big deal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

56500 wrote:
    Should a guy shave his chest, stomach ect?

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I like a man to be a man. Body hair is sooooo sexy and to me represents manliness. There is nothing worse than a "preening" androgynous guy, who waxes.....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bláth

Miss F I agree completely! Men take note we are chipped to love you cave-men. We may fight the urge but we cannot deny zillions of years coding in our genes!

To be honest though (& without being cheesy here) - there's a lot to be said about a great smile that melts your heart! I do prefer a man with a hairy chest esp that bit of fur around the belly button Grr!!! Mmm!! ;)

But if you really must give it a go - well do it! It's your bod - some men get notions about trimming shaving etc - good thing is now they know the social pressure we're under!

The lady's will love you regardless - there's someone (or two) for everyone - I mean since I've let me ronnie grow I've found a whole new interest from men :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I do prefer a man with a hairy chest esp that bit of fur around the belly button Grr!!! Mmm!!

You are SO right girl. Yum........the hair that leads from belly button to his......GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bláth

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Bl&#225 wrote: »
    I do prefer a man with a hairy chest esp that bit of fur around the belly button Grr!!! Mmm!! ;) QUOTE]

Yum........the hair that leads from belly button to his......GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :p

Oh Stop!!!! It's the middle of the afternoon....... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Miss Fluff wrote:
    You are SO right girl. Yum........the hair that leads from belly button to his......GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :p

Oh you mean the Happy Trail.
    Hairy sholders arent that bad besides gives you somehing to pull and tug on and
    pluck out playing the game of just how intently focused he is on other things ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭NikNik

Depends how bad it is tbh...we don't mind caveman-like qualities but we don't want to bed chewbacca either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Laguna wrote:
    You'd rather '****' someone unaturally smooth?.

well thats what men want from women isn't it? why is it such a strange notion to you? bloody double standards again :rolleyes:

i personally hate back/shoulder hair, or thick chest hair. stomach hair isn't the nicest either, especially if you've got a belly. but each to their own. i wouldn't recommend shaving if you want to get rid of it, it'll only make it worse. waxing all the way.

and its not the happy trail, its the treasure trail! i mean, what do you find at the end? ;):D

Advertisement