Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the white stripes on Daily Show soon

• 30-11-2005 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

The White Stripes are absolutely one of my most favorite inspirational bands. I am a musician and they definitely influence the way I play keys. Just wanted to let people know that they are playing on the jon Stewart Daily Show Dec 1. On a side note but equally important, I was thinkin... at www.getthewholething.com there is this very provocative ad for Napster. We don't get ads like THAT in the US. It’s a Napster test commercial that got leaked from the UK. Think it’ll make it to TV in the U.S.? I just had some thoughts listening to Howard Stern this morining and goofing around on the Internet and mulling over censorship and what's been goin on in the news lately. The FCC has been coming down so hard on Howard Stern for so long. I am so sad to see him go. :( Are you guys worried about what the radio will turn into? Are you worried about your rights of the First Amendment and the freedom of speech? I think we all start to think about censorship and what we plan on doing about it. The movies.... AHHHHHH! War of the Worlds gets a PG -13 rating, yet you show a little booby and it's an R. What's WRONG with this world??? Thoughts anyone? Are you frightened? Mad? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The White Stripes are absolutely one of my most favorite inspirational bands. I am a musician and they definitely influence the way I play keys. Just wanted to let people know that they are playing on the jon Stewart Daily Show Dec 1. On a side note but equally important, I was thinkin... at www.getthewholething.com there is this very provocative ad for Napster. We don't get ads like THAT in the US. It’s a Napster test commercial that got leaked from the UK. Think it’ll make it to TV in the U.S.? I just had some thoughts listening to Howard Stern this morining and goofing around on the Internet and mulling over censorship and what's been goin on in the news lately. The FCC has been coming down so hard on Howard Stern for so long. I am so sad to see him go. :( Are you guys worried about what the radio will turn into? Are you worried about your rights of the First Amendment and the freedom of speech? I think we all start to think about censorship and what we plan on doing about it. The movies.... AHHHHHH! War of the Worlds gets a PG -13 rating, yet you show a little booby and it's an R. What's WRONG with this world??? Thoughts anyone? Are you frightened? Mad? :confused:
    um, i will watch The Daily Show as we get it over here on More 4. the US constitution has no say over here so freedom of speech and all that. as for the rest of this

meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

I don't know what the hell this is all about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 war_criminal

I forget that the US SUCKS as far as censorship goes, and all the rest of you have it a bit better.

Atrocity wrote:
    I don't know what the hell this is all about

forget it I am PMSing. I like your site..... freakin funny.:v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

it's craperrific! :v:

• Advertisement

me likey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

I saw the White Stripes on The Daily Show tonight. They played two songs from their current album in the last third of the show. I'd say that you would enjoy it, war_criminal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

nice, must watch that tonight on More 4

Very much looking foward to seeing it. Jack White is I think one of the most talented musicians in the world. I have seen him play the sh** out of the blues... he is an interesting eccentric character. He reminds me of someone like Iggypop or Mick Jagger...

Advertisement