Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Biographies

Options
  • 01-12-2005 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭

I love reading business biographies. My favourite has to be Dyson's. Am reading Walmarts just now.

I wondered if anyone could recommend some good ones or even business biography blogs - if such things exist.

Maybe Im a nosy bugger but I love to read how the small guy made it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Yep I find biz biogs very interesting also..
    Good ones I've read are:
    Fergal Quinn - Crowning the Consumer - Very good and def worth a read.

Richard Bransons - Losing My Virginity - Certainly a colourful character and fascinating read regardless of your opinion of him

Donald Trump - The Art of the Deal - This was his first and best book by far. Goes into great detail about his rise, how deals were done and all the interesting bits.

Going to read the Walmart book at xmas and the Starbucks one..
    Another great read is "The World is Flat" by Thomas Freidman, deals more with globalisation but has lots of interesting info about Walmart, etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

The Starbucks book is a great read you'll enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

jack welsh former ceo of General electric has a good few ,most are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

ex CEO from IBM, can't remember his name but the book was called "teaching elephants to dance" was an interesting story about how he turned IBM around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I quite enjoyed "Making Bread" by Brody Sweeney. Very honest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

iCon Steve Jobs, pretty interesting.

Ill second RB's book, really interesting. Fergal Quinns "crowning the customer" is also good.

Ive been meaning to read up on $tarbucks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I haven't actually read Branson's book, but I've seen it highly recommended. Gates' book too, although I wouldn't touch that with a bargepole personally.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

There's an interesting easyJet one as well - not a huge fan of Stelios but gotta admire his management style, must be a cool guy to work for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

oh, I read Micheal Dell's "direct from Dell"

Not a big fan of the company, but from a business standpoint they\he have to be respected.

I went to get Gate's book a while back (another company I have a dislike for!) but it was sold out at the time

Advertisement