Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Videos to Phone...

• 01-12-2005 1:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

Got a k700i and wanted to put some clips on to it. Was wondering how i would go about converting files so that they will be small enough/wont take up too much memory on the phone. Any good converter etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

I use Quicktime Pro, it's not free but I'd bought it already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Pretor

Try this Pocketdivxencoder, its designed for PDA's but i think it also works with phones, great for reducing clip sizes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭maxymax86

XILISOFT 3gp video converter

• Advertisement

maxymax86 wrote:
    XILISOFT 3gp video converter

also not free (unless you go to a certain website that im not allowed name:) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Nokia have their own 3gp converter that you can get on their site. It does the job grand for the odd clip or two.

For anything like encoding tv shows, or the like you're much better off using real media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Can I ask the reverse question .... how do I convert a 3gp file created on my Moto to something Windows Media Player can read on my Pc? ..... nothing fancy and free if poss? :confused:

Nokia have their own 3gp converter that you can get on their site. It does the job grand for the odd clip or two.

For anything like encoding tv shows, or the like you're much better off using real media

i already recommended that one above.

if you just put 3gp to avi into google you get a few good free ones. i found one that way fairly quickly but i cant remember which one i used tbh. ill try and remember and post it later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

hobie wrote:
    Can I ask the reverse question .... how do I convert a 3gp file created on my Moto to something Windows Media Player can read on my Pc? ..... nothing fancy and free if poss? :confused:
    http://www.miksoft.net/mobile3GPconverter.htm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

You need Mpegable X4 Live v1.07 , do a google for it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

also recommend mpegable x4.

very quick conversions - but use vdub to resive the avi and change vbt mp3 to cbr before you encode to help prevent synch issues

Advertisement